Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Lalit Batra <ba...@gmail.com> on 2006/02/06 06:35:28 UTC

Re: Help Error Code -12227

Below was Posted by Ryan D.

, I resolved my problem.  It had to do with my Java runtime's
security provider configuration found in lib/java.security.   In
fact, a library I was using (PayPal) changed the preference order of
the security providers and this caused the problem.

Also, this information might help you.  It is for James mail server,
but it's what got me thinking about security providers:

Supporting More Security Algorithms

Some cryptographic algorithms not provided as a standard in the Java
VM (at least - in my knowledge - not in the Sun JRE 1.4.2) may be
needed by some Mail Clients, for example by Mozilla 1.7.

The solution is to add other security providers. Here follow the
steps to add the Legion of the Bouncy Castle provider, assuming a Sun
JRE 1.4.2 installation under Windows:

Download the appropriate bcprov-jdkxx-yyy.jar from  http://
www.bouncycastle.org/latest_releases.html (where xx is the jdk
release and yyy is the Bouncy Castle release - bcprov-jdk14-124.jar
is the current one for JRE 1.4.x at the beginning of July 2004).
Put the jar in your server's class path.
Edit the {Program Files}\Java\j2re1.4.2\lib\security\java.security
file, adding a
security.provider.n=org.bouncycastle.jce.provider.BouncyCastleProvider l
ine to the other security.provider lines, where n is the preference
order.
Restart, and Mozilla will work with SSL!
You could play with the preference order above to get the best
performance.

On 2/5/06, Scott Purcell <pu...@charter.net> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am running Tomcat 5.5, Verisign, and PayPal. Basically the whole site is set up with SSL via a <security-constraint element in the web.xml file.
>
> Anyway, I have found a huge bug, that is driving me crazy. I can submit the data from a purchase using IE and all is good. But with Netscape 7.2 and Mozilla 5.0, I can surf the whole site and all is good. But after submitting my purchase to paypal and it comes back, then the browser goes into a bad state. Error code: -12227. And anyone else who hits the site afterwards with Mozilla or Netscape gets the same error. They cannot even go to the site.
>
> I have searched on -12227 and nothing makes sense.
>
> If anyone has ideas ... please let me know,

Lalit Batra
IT-Consultant
(416)(848-3719)