Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Volkan YAZICI <ya...@ttmail.com> on 2008/11/05 07:57:49 UTC

[users@httpd] Re: ProxyPass and POST Requests

On Tue, 04 Nov 2008, Volkan YAZICI <ya...@ttmail.com> writes:
> The other side of the redirection (192.168.1.{3,4}) is handled by
> Apache Tomcat servers. When one issues a POST request, Apache
> (192.168.1.2) complains that:
>
>   Proxy Error
>
>   The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
>   The proxy server could not handle the request POST /do.
>
>   Reason: Error reading from remote server
>
> and it dumps
>
>   (70014)End of file found: proxy: error reading status line from remote server 192.168.1.3, referer: http://alice.home.com/
>   proxy: Error reading from remote server returned by /do, referer: http://alice.home.com/
>
> in to the error log.

Instead of using ProxyPass with VirtualHosts, using below RewriteRule
resulted with the same above problem.

  RewriteEngine On
  RewriteCond %{HTTP_POST} ^alice\.home\.com$
  RewriteRule ^/(.*) http://192.168.1.3/$1 [L,P]
  RewriteCond %{HTTP_POST} ^bob.home\.com$
  RewriteRule ^/(.*) http://192.168.1.4/$1 [L,P]

I'm still looking for a solution. Any helps will be really appreciated.

Regards.