Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Filip Balas <fb...@IMVProjects.com> on 2005/03/08 17:08:32 UTC

Tree Nodes disappear...

Hi All,

I seem to have a problem where tapestry
looses all of the objects in my tree after a
submit.  Somehow it remembers all of the
values needed to display the tree again after
the submit, however none of the source objects
are there anymore...

To be a bit more clear:
assume I have a custom TreeNode called autoTreeNode
which contains automobile objects.  The getValue() of
the TreeNode returns the make of the car (GM, BMW, VW, etc..)

Now upon creation, the tree has all the automobile objects
within the tree (wrapped as nodes) and displays the makes
of all the cars.  Now after I click on an automobile and the
listener is triggered, all of the nodes are there but their supporting
automobile objects are null? Despite this, the tree is still
able to render after the listener completes...

Someone please enlighten me as to:
a) Where I can find out why this is happening (so I can figure out how to fix it)
     AND/OR
b) How to remedy this situation.

Thanks!