Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Bob Wyatt <bw...@comcast.net> on 2005/03/15 23:52:43 UTC

Installation Issues - AIX 5.2

I've attempted to install tomcat 5.0.28 from source on an AIX 5.2 system
without internet access. When running ant, cvs fails.

So I downloaded and installed the binaries, but I get http 500 errors when
running a javascript for secure login. The vendor supplying the script feels
that tomcat does not know anything about the jdk (1.4.2) installed, despite
JAVA_HOME being defined.

I'd prefer to build from the source files (to resolve any issues from the
binaries being built elsewhere), but I can't get past the errors...

I'm trying to do all of this remotely through a VPN, which unfortunately
won't let me connect at this time to acquire the output from ant. I'll post
that tomorrow, assuming I get connected.

Does anyone have any ideas, despite the sketchy details that I have
provided?

Regards,

Bob Wyatt