Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com> on 2007/07/13 01:49:20 UTC

Intermittent exception from itest\osgi-implementation suite

Hi,

I see the following exception thrown from the itest\osgi-implementation
suite intermittently. It seems to be a timing issue. Can somebody take a
look?

Thanks,
Raymond

Work thread Thread[main,5,main] - Order, submitted (play.com), fulfilled,
shippe
d (ParcelForce)
Test complete
Deactivated OSGiShipperComponentImpl bundle
Deactivated OSGiShipperComponentImpl bundle
Deactivated OSGiRetailerComponentImpl bundle
Deactivated OSGiRetailerComponentImpl bundle
Deactivated OSGiCustomerComponentImpl bundle
--- Exception with component : Unexpected problem executing task ---
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Service already unregistered.
        at
org.apache.felix.framework.ServiceRegistrationImpl.unregister(Service
RegistrationImpl.java:105)
        at
org.apache.felix.scr.AbstractComponentManager.unregisterComponentServ
ice(AbstractComponentManager.java:503)
        at
org.apache.felix.scr.AbstractComponentManager.deactivateInternal(Abst
ractComponentManager.java:369)
        at
org.apache.felix.scr.AbstractComponentManager.access$200(AbstractComp
onentManager.java:55)
        at
org.apache.felix.scr.AbstractComponentManager$3.run(AbstractComponent
Manager.java:176)
        at
org.apache.felix.scr.ComponentActorThread.run(ComponentActorThread.ja
va:81)
Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 5 sec

Re: How to handle failing itest suites was: Re: Intermittent exception from itest\osgi-implementation suite

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
Sorry, and +1

On 7/16/07, Venkata Krishnan <fo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> +1 Sounds lot of sense to me.  Maybe when commenting out it would be
> good to include the number of the JIRA that has been opened for this.
>
> - Venkat
>
> On 7/17/07, Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org> wrote:
> > [snip]
> > Raymond Feng wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I checked the itest/pom.xml and saw quite a few modules are commented
> > > out. We removed the failing modules from the build "temporarily" but
> > > it ends that they are excluded from the build "permanently". We're
> > > cheating ourselves:-(
> > >
> > > IMHO, we need to handle these situations more carefully moving
> > > forward. I suggest that we follow the rules below:
> > >
> > > 1) Try to fix the failing test case if the break is caused by your
> > > changes before the check-in.
> > > Otherwise,
> > > 2) Open a JIRA to track the issue if you expect other people to fix
> > > it. Mark the JIRA as "blocker".
> > >
> > +1
> >
> > I'd add:
> >
> > 3) Mark the JIRA resolved when the problem is fixed :)
> >
> > --
> > Jean-Sebastien

Luciano Resende
Apache Tuscany Committer
http://people.apache.org/~lresende
http://lresende.blogspot.com/

Re: How to handle failing itest suites was: Re: Intermittent exception from itest\osgi-implementation suite

Posted by Venkata Krishnan <fo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org>.
[snip]

Posted by Graham Charters <gc...@googlemail.com>.
Apologies for the lack of response on this.  Rajini is out on vacation
for a few weeks and I'm still getting up to speed on the code.  I'll
let you know as soon as we get to the bottom of it.

Regards, Graham.

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.