Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by di...@multitask.com.au on 2002/10/23 16:32:53 UTC

[grant] [vfs] [gump]

Hi Stefan,

I've Fixed the javadoc directory and the default target as well as the
superfluous maven.final.name.

The name mapping is next on my list.
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
Work:      http://www.multitask.com.au

Re: [grant] [vfs] [gump]

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 25 Oct 2002, <di...@multitask.com.au> wrote:

>> but don't ask me how to generate the above from within Maven 8-)
>
> is the above in the <module> tag or elsewhere?

Yes, it has to be the <cvs> tag inside the module descriptor for
werkz (see
<http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/jakarta-alexandria/proposal/gump/project/werkz.xml?rev=1.3>
for a working example).

Stefan

Re: [grant] [vfs] [gump]

Posted by di...@multitask.com.au.
Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> wrote on 24/10/2002 11:39:40 PM:

> On Thu, 24 Oct 2002, bob mcwhirter <bo...@werken.com> wrote:
>
> >> Are all your repos under /cvsroot?
> >
> > Yah.
>
> OK, Gump now knows about it.
>
> >>   <cvs module="werkz" repository="werken" dir="werkz">
>
> but don't ask me how to generate the above from within Maven 8-)

Stefan,

Re: [grant] [vfs] [gump]

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 24 Oct 2002, bob mcwhirter <bo...@werken.com> wrote:

>> Are all your repos under /cvsroot?
>
> Yah.

OK, Gump now knows about it.

Re: [grant] [vfs] [gump]

Posted by bob mcwhirter <bo...@werken.com>.
> Are all your repos under /cvsroot?

Yah.

> If so, we should change the repository descriptor to say
> <path>/cvsroot</path> and in werkz's descriptor you'd say
>
>   <cvs module="werkz" repository="werken" dir="werkz">
>
> I can commit the change to the werken repo descriptor, if this is a
> better approximation of your layout.

Yah.  It's only a result of migration from source-forge, which tended to
have a complete CVS repo for each project.

Yah, 'werken' -> /cvsroot with then 'werkz' or 'drools' underneath.

	-bob

Re: [grant] [vfs] [gump]

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 24 Oct 2002, bob mcwhirter <bo...@werken.com> wrote:

> Sure, but that sounds wrong.  There's quite a few werken repos.  Is
> 'werken' really the right name to use here?

werken would refer to
<http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-alexandria/proposal/gump/repository/werken.xml?rev=1.1&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup>
i.e. it currently would have a hard coded /cvsroot/werkz path.

Re: [grant] [vfs] [gump]

Posted by bob mcwhirter <bo...@werken.com>.
On Thu, 24 Oct 2002 dion@multitask.com.au wrote:

> Bob, can you update the werkz project.xml and add a gumpRepositoryId of
> "werken" to it?

Sure, but that sounds wrong.  There's quite a few werken repos.  Is
'werken' really the right name to use here?

	-bob

Re: [grant] [vfs] [gump]

Posted by di...@multitask.com.au.
Bob, can you update the werkz project.xml and add a gumpRepositoryId of
"werken" to it?

Thanks.......
--

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

Re: [grant] [vfs] [gump]

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 24 Oct 2002, <di...@multitask.com.au> wrote:

> Bob has regenned the werkz build.xml and gump.xml.

Ahh, but Gump doesn't know about the cvs repository.

I've just added a repository descriptor for werken.com (you may want
to verify it,
<http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-alexandria/proposal/gump/repository/werken.xml?rev=1.1&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup>),
but Bob must (Hi Bob 8-) add repository="werken" to the <cvs> tag in
werkz's (or is that werkz' ?) descriptor to use it.  Without that,
werkz cannot be checked out.

For now, I've modified werkz's descriptor and committed it to Gump's
CVS and am prepared to remove it as soon as things are OK on your
side.

> What else is needed now for Jelly?

Last time I checked, only cyberneko was missing, but I had a few
things as binary dependencies that may (repeat may) be buildable from
source, namely relaxbg-datatype and iso-relax.

Stefan

Re: [grant] [vfs] [gump]

Posted by di...@multitask.com.au.
Cool.

Bob has regenned the werkz build.xml and gump.xml.

Here's the link for werkz

http://cvs.werken.com/viewcvs.cgi/werkz/gump.xml?rev=HEAD&cvsroot=werkz&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

Re: [grant] [vfs] [gump]

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 24 Oct 2002, <di...@multitask.com.au> wrote:

> All done now as far as I can tell....sanity check for me pretty
> please?

Looks fine.

Stefan

Re: [grant] [vfs] [gump]

Posted by di...@multitask.com.au.
Stefan,

now that this is pretty settled, if there are other commons projects that
use Maven, and would like a hand being Gump'ed, just let me know.

Cyberneko.....now where was that again :)

Re: [grant] [vfs] [gump]

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 24 Oct 2002, Adam Murdoch <ad...@apache.org> wrote:

> The descriptor is checked in and ready to go.

and will be used by Gump in the future.

Stefan

RE: [grant] [vfs] [gump]

Posted by Adam Murdoch <ad...@apache.org>.

I'm happy.  The descriptor is checked in and ready to go.

Adam

Re: [grant] [vfs] [gump]

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.

RE: [grant] [vfs] [gump]

Posted by Adam Murdoch <ad...@apache.org>.
Thanks.  The generated build.xml works perfectly now.

Cool,

Re: [grant] [vfs] [gump]

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.

Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> wrote on 24/10/2002 12:34:21 AM:

> On Thu, 24 Oct 2002, <di...@multitask.com.au> wrote:
>
> > I've Fixed the javadoc directory and the default target as well as
> > the superfluous maven.final.name.
>
> You should have replaced it with final.name instead, see below 8-)

I think I've finally gotten it right :)

Re: [grant] [vfs] [gump]

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.