Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Anshul Mittal <an...@pinterest.com> on 2014/05/13 05:12:06 UTC

how to debug tuple failures

Hi,
I am running a storm topology with the following configuration:
*Storm : 0.8.2*
*Kafka : 0.7.2*
*Storm Kafka Spout : 0.8.0-wip4*

I am observing that after some time, the topology enters a weird state and
starts retrying a bunch of tuples. I want to see what exact failure causes
the topology to retry tuples. Is there a place where the storm kafka spout
emits tuple failures? My logs show no error in the bolts.

Thanks!
Anshul

Re: how to debug tuple failures

Posted by Srinath C <sr...@gmail.com>.
I had encountered such an
issue<http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-storm-user/201403.mbox/%3CCAHhx-G%2B6Hhh2d9RzQwWrUT2wyVvrSyZCQLNm21GL5307b8tZuA%40mail.gmail.com%3E>earlier
on version 0.9.0.1 but did not get much help to resolve it.
Try to tune the topology.max.spout.pending value based on the latency
metrics from storm UI.