Posted to yarn-dev@hadoop.apache.org by John Yang <jo...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/29 10:28:37 UTC

Question on receiving less than requested

Hello all,

I have a question on receiving from RM less memory/vcores than requested.

As far as I understand, when the following configurations are set, RM can
allocate more than requested(when less than the minimum):

yarn.scheduler.minimum-allocation-mb,
yarn.scheduler.minimum-allocation-vcores

I wanted to know if the reverse is possible. For example when I request a
container of 500 MB and 2 vcores, is it possible to receive a container of
400 MB and 1 core?

Thanks,
John

Re: Question on receiving less than requested

Posted by John Yang <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Brahma,

It turns out that my problem was caused by YARN-2380(
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/YARN-2380).

Nevertheless, thank you so much for the information. I'll keep that in mind
when I run MR jobs.

Best regards,
John

Posted by Brahma Reddy Battula <br...@huawei.com>.