Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by nate roe <ph...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/01 01:05:04 UTC

Downloads corrupt?

When I try to download CXF, I have trouble opening the archives (tar.gz or
zip) in WinRAR or in WinZip.  The MD5 hashes for these files do not match.
This seems to be the case for both 2.0.3 and 2.0.4 binary distributions.

The 2.0.4 Zip source distribution does not appear corrupted.  However, when
I build under Java 1.6, various unit tests fail.  It appears that this is a
known issue, but it's unclear to me whether CXF supports 1.6.  Is this the
case?

Re: Downloads corrupt?

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
AFAIK CXF 2.0.4 uses the JAXB 2.0 and JAXWS API 2.0.
If you are using the JDK 1.6 update 3 or later version , the JDK's JAXB
and JAXWS version are 2.1.
If you build the CXF 2.0.4 source with it , you will get build fail message.

Willem

Re: Downloads corrupt?

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Friday 29 February 2008, nate roe wrote:
> When I try to download CXF, I have trouble opening the archives
> (tar.gz or zip) in WinRAR or in WinZip.  The MD5 hashes for these
> files do not match. This seems to be the case for both 2.0.3 and 2.0.4
> binary distributions.

I just tried the tar.gz of both and the md5's seem to match fine.   Not
sure what would be causing this problem.   Maybe a bad link between you
and apache?

That said, the latest release (2.0.4) is now available on via the entire
apache mirror system.   You can use the link:

http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/incubator/cxf/2.0.4-incubator/apache-cxf-2.0.4-incubator.zip

and select a local mirror.

> The 2.0.4 Zip source distribution does not appear corrupted.  However,
> when I build under Java 1.6, various unit tests fail.  It appears that
> this is a known issue, but it's unclear to me whether CXF supports
> 1.6.  Is this the case?

Not officially, yet.  You can get the 2.0.4 binaries running under Java 6
(up to update 3), but building the source does produce test errors due
to the different parsers, saaj impl, etc...   I don't think 2.0.4 will
work at all with update 4 unless you endorse a bunch of things.     CXF
2.1 (trunk) now builds and tests fine with Java 6 update 4.

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer, IONA