Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by cm...@yahoo.com on 2001/04/28 01:11:41 UTC

Jasper34: diffs between 1.1 and 1.2

Hi,

There are few diffs between the runtime for 1.1 and 1.2.

Some of them are obviously due to API changes ( additions mostly,
only one change that I could identify - JspInclude ).

Most are due to changes/fixes that went only in one branch ( various
optimizations for 3.3, security manager for 4.0 ).

We'll need to sync ( not very urgent ). There are few issues:

- various optimizations - that's easy, but we need to take care in 1.2
as some objects are created and need pooling
( Note: the runtime is critical for performance - as oposed with the
generator. Need to keep garbage close to 0 )

- It would be possible ( given the small diffs ) to use a single codebase,
the 1.2, and compile using jsp1.1 to generate a 1.1 runtime.
The extra methods will be ignored.

The big problem is the change in jsp:include default. One simple way is
to use a flag.

That would be the best solution for maintainance ( that may not work for a
jsp1.3, but for what we have right now the changes are finite and small).

What do you think ?

Costin