Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/03 17:55:57 UTC

[pool][dbcp] AbandonedObjectPool

Much as I would love to drop this class, along with [pool]'s idle
object evictor, there are too many production apps that depend on it
to consider that course seriously.  We just got what amounts to an
enhancement request for this class.  It has been deprecated in [dbcp]
for several years and releases now and I guess the original plan must
have been to move it to [pool], which makes sense to me.

So I propose that we move it into pool, targeting 1.5 for release,
keeping the deprecated version for the 1.3 release, but marking it for
removal in dbcp 1.4.  Thoughts / objections / alternatives / sordid
history?

Phil