Posted to users@rave.apache.org by "Lasschuit, JIJ (Hans)" <ha...@zuyd.nl> on 2012/08/22 13:02:58 UTC

testThreadWithSharedKeys failed

Hi everybody,

When doing a rave mvn install the testThreadWithSharedKeys in DefaultLockServiceTest.jave failed. It gets a value of 1243L while expecting a value of 1250L or greater. Could this be due to the speed of the computer it is running on (Windows server 2008R2 64-bit on VMWARE running on 2 Intel Xeon x5690 processors at 3.47 Ghz an 4 GB  memory)?  Would it be safe to adjust the testvalue to a asserted value of e.g. 1240L to make the install process succeed the test?

Thanks and best regards,
Hans

RE: testThreadWithSharedKeys failed

Posted by "Carlucci, Tony" <ac...@mitre.org>.
Hello Hans,

I've seen this exact issue on occasion, and every time I've experienced it there was a rogue java process still running related to Rave (like Cargo didn't shut down properly).   Manually kill any running java processes and try running the mvn install again, it should hopefully work ok for you.

Tony

Posted by "Franklin, Matthew B." <mf...@mitre.org>.
Interesting issue.  I wonder if we are hitting this bug
http://bugs.sun.com/view_bug.do?bug_id=5091934.  The intent of the test is
to make sure all 10 threads execute serially.  Since thread.sleep is not
guaranteed to be exact on Windows, we need to change the test expectation.
 Dropping it to 1240 might work for that.

Any other thoughts?