Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Duffiana Jones <cd...@polydeme.fr> on 2001/05/04 13:19:58 UTC

SMTP to HTTP bridge

Hi,

I'm looking for detailed documentation about setting a SMTP/HTTP bridge
using Apache SOAP. As the documentation is some quiet about this, I went
into the API documentation and found a SMTP2HTTPBridge class, that seems
to be a part of what I need.

So, admiting I have working endpoint (the rpcrouter servlet), a deployed
service (urn:my-service) that I can call from some clients using an HTTP
transport layer (The JAVA client API from Apache SOAP, and the PERL
client API from SOAP::Lite), is a well running SMTP2HTTPBridge "daemon"
enough to let me use the SMTP transport layer on client side ?

Anyway, If you know about a good pointer (I didn't find any) about SOAP
over SMTP, let's give it to me :-)

Other question, that I may also post on the SOAP::Lite mailing list : is
there a good pointer about using SOAP::Transport libs ; I want to use
the SMTP protocol from PERL client code ....

Thanx for all answers.

regards; duf.