Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by yanliang <li...@cs2c.com.cn> on 2012/02/13 06:38:45 UTC

[users@httpd] The use of Alias directive command

Hi all,

I have seen in some config files of httpd, the  use of the Alias
directive is intresting, as follows:

Alias /test   "/var/www/html/python/XMLRPC"

The XMLRPC is not a directory, but the httpd server will define the
"/test" is the XMLRPC server.

What is the means of "XMLRPC"  in the "/var/www/html/python/XMLRPC"?

Thanks.

yan

Re: [users@httpd] The use of Alias directive command

Posted by "Sharl.Jimh.Tsin" <am...@gmail.com>.
在 2012-02-13一的 16:50 +0800,yanliang写道:
> On 02/13/2012 04:42 PM, Sharl.Jimh.Tsin wrote:
> > 在 2012-02-13一的 16:34 +0800,yanliang写道:
> >> Thank for your reply,Tianyin.
> >>
> >> And there is no XMLRPC folder in the "/var/ww/html/python" path.So I
> >> think it has some meaning.
> >>
> >> Thanks.
> >>
> >> Yan

> > do you install the httpd via 3rd software package repository(in deb、rpm
> > format)? maybe it was created by it or its plug-in,mod_python_X etc.
> I have installed mod_python in fedora.And I am setting up XMLRPC server
> using mod_python and apache,
> so the config file have "Alias /test /var/www/html/python/XMLRPC"
> line.And I don't know the "XMLRPC" characters meaning.

that is you installed httpd from the pre-build package,you should take a
look at the comments around each syntax sample in configuration files or
README file.

--
Best regards,
Sharl.Jimh.Tsin (From China **Obviously Taiwan INCLUDED**)

Using Gmail? Please read this important notice:
http://www.fsf.org/campaigns/jstrap/gmail?10073.

Re: [users@httpd] The use of Alias directive command

Posted by yanliang <li...@cs2c.com.cn>.

Posted by "Sharl.Jimh.Tsin" <am...@gmail.com>.

Posted by yanliang <li...@cs2c.com.cn>.

Posted by yanliang <li...@cs2c.com.cn>.

Posted by Tianyin Xu <ti...@cs.ucsd.edu>.
I think XMLRPC is nothing special only a part of the path.

What the Alias directive do is map "/test" to
"/var/www/html/python/XMLRPC". For example, the request for
http://yourserver/test/foo.gif would cause the server to return the
file /var/www/html/python/XMLRPC/foo.gif

-- Tianyin

On Sun, Feb 12, 2012 at 9:38 PM, yanliang <li...@cs2c.com.cn> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have seen in some config files of httpd, the  use of the Alias directive
> is intresting, as follows:
>
> Alias /test   "/var/www/html/python/XMLRPC"
>
> The XMLRPC is not a directory, but the httpd server will define the
> "/test" is the XMLRPC server.
>
> What is the means of "XMLRPC"  in the "/var/www/html/python/XMLRPC"?
>
> Thanks.
>
> yan

Tianyin XU,
http://cseweb.ucsd.edu/~tixu/