Posted to dev@deltaspike.apache.org by "John D. Ament" <jo...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/17 02:42:11 UTC

[VOTE] Bean Validation Module Name

All

Based on the thread thus far, I'd like to call a vote.  These are the two
names the seem to have the least angst:

beanval
bean-validation

So, to vote please respond with a +1 or a -1.  +1 is for "beanval" but -1
is for "bean-validation"

I'm not including bv due to the US English connotations.  I'm not including
bval due to the existing apache project plus references to other names I
saw in a quick google search.

- John

Re: [VOTE] Bean Validation Module Name

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
-1

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jason Porter <li...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gerhard Petracek <ge...@gmail.com>.
-1

"bv" was coined by the eg, is used in the spec. document and other areas
since years (and it fits to the abbreviations used for other spec. modules).
-> +1 for "bv"

regards,
gerhard

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
gee, was too fast.

Amending my vote to

+0 (I'm fine with both)

LieGrue,
strub

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
+1

LieGrue,
strub

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@gmail.com>.
[+1] beanval

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@gmail.com>.
Ok, so bean-validation is the winner.

I'll create JIRAs and complete the move a bit later.