Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/15 19:49:17 UTC

xbean release next week?

Hi

I plan to release xbean next week (hopefully on wednesday but can be
the week end if I dont find time)

Main changes is: removing Async finder which was just crap (mea culpa)
and avoid AnnotationFinder to leak (ie only use classes from archive).

This last change can be very impacting for apps (if A extends B before
we tried to get B if B is not in the finder archive but now it is
skipped - it means archive needs to be correct now).

Why such a change? 1) consistency with its contract, 2) cause when you
scan you rarely want to "leak" on classloaders and more important: 3)
cause performance wise it is really impacting. For findImplementation
for instance it x3 the execution time.

But since it is impacting I'm tempted to do a 4.0.0.

Any -1?+1?

Romain Manni-Bucau
Twitter: @rmannibucau
Blog: http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com/
Github: https://github.com/rmannibucau

Re: xbean release next week?

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
+1

The move to 4.0 is perfectly fine for such a big change.
Are the changes already in trunk? Would like to test it with OWB before you do a release.

LieGrue,
strub

Re: xbean release next week?

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
changes are on central ;) but work fine with tomee

Re: xbean release next week?

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
+1