Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by "Boyd, David" <db...@nisys.com> on 2003/11/12 20:50:35 UTC

Question on Security

Using Jetspeed1-4b3

The main page of my application has two panes, Home and Public.  The Home
pane has a single portlet on it, the Public pane has 10 portlets on it (the
are all the same portlets.)  If a user logs in to the system he is presented
with the Home pane, navigate to the public pane.  Copy the url.  Shut down
IE, restart IE, past back the copied URL and it seems that the system is
trying to display the page as compared to showing the standard : "For
security reasons, your session has timed out. Please login again by
selecting Login from the toolbar at the top of this page." Message.  Looking
at the log file, the buildNormalContext method is being called for each of
the protelets.  Now, doing the same thing for a different page in the
application.  I do not have this issue (granted, all the other pages only
have one portlet) of the buildNormalContext method being called.

Any ideals as to what is going on here, or where to check.  All psml -
protlets have the same security settings.

  _____

This mailbox protected from junk email by Matador
<http://info.mailfrontier.com>