Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Jan Harms <ja...@vivai.de> on 2004/05/13 12:53:49 UTC

Bug in jx:macro?

Hi,

I noticed a strange behaviour in the JXTemplateGenerator (cocoon 2.1.4).
If you put a whitespace and a comment after after a jx:parameter, you'll get an exception:

<!-- OK -->
<jx:macro name="mymacro">
  <jx:parameter name="foo"/>
  <jx:parameter name="bar"/>
  do something
</jx:macro>

<!-- Exception -->
<jx:macro name="mymacro">
  <jx:parameter name="foo"/> <!-- some comment on foo -->
  <jx:parameter name="bar"/>
  do something
</jx:macro>

The exception stacktrace starts with:

org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: <parameter> not allowed here: "domain"
	at org.apache.cocoon.generation.JXTemplateGenerator$StartDefine.finish(JXTemplateGenerator.java:1773)
	at org.apache.cocoon.generation.JXTemplateGenerator$Parser.endElement(JXTemplateGenerator.java:2373)

I am not sure if the problem described in
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=108282469616167&w=2
is related to this. If so the issue might have been fixed already.

BTW, whats the "standard procedure" for reporting bugs? Shall I post that to the dev-list? Make an entry in bugzilla?

Regards,

Jan Harms

Re: Bug in jx:macro?

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
On 13.05.2004 12:53, Jan Harms wrote:

> BTW, whats the "standard procedure" for reporting bugs? Shall I post that to the dev-list? Make an entry in bugzilla?

If it is that obvious you can add it directly to bugzilla, otherwise
posting first on users list and - if there is no reaction - later on the
developers list would be the better choice to get it confirmed first.

Btw, tomorrow Cocoon 2.1.5 will be released. Can you retest your use
case then please?

Joerg