Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Kevin Duffey <kd...@buymedia.com> on 2000/06/21 07:24:08 UTC

Struts - latest build - possible change

Hi,

Craig,

In the ActionServlet class, I recommend a "minor" change...

    protected boolean processValidate(ActionMapping mapping,
        ActionForm formInstance, HttpServletRequest request,
        HttpServletResponse response)
        throws IOException, ServletException {

	// Skip validation if it is not appropriate
	if (formInstance == null)
	    return (true);
	if (!(formInstance instanceof ValidatingActionForm))
	    return (true);
	if (mapping.getInputForm() == null)
	    return (true);

	// Perform the requested validation
	if (debug >= 1)
	    log(" Validating bean properties");
	String errors[] = ((ValidatingActionForm) formInstance).validate();
	if ((errors == null) || (errors.length == 0))
	    return (true);

	// Save our error messages and return to the input form
	String uri = mapping.getInputForm();
	if (debug >= 1)
	    log(" Form validation error: redirecting to: " + uri);
	request.setAttribute(Action.ERROR_KEY, errors);
	RequestDispatcher rd = getServletContext().getRequestDispatcher(uri);
	rd.forward(request, response);
	return (false);

    }

in this method, possibly add the ability to response.sendRedirect() to the
page, like you do in the process() call for ActionForward (true/false for
forward/redirect).

Yeah/Nay?