Posted to sandesha-dev@ws.apache.org by Amila Suriarachchi <am...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/06 11:29:38 UTC

Sandesha2 In Only services.

hi,

I wrote an InOnly service and tried to invoke it using the following client.

ConfigurationContext configurationContext =

ConfigurationContextFactory.createConfigurationContextFromFileSystem(
                            AXIS2_REPOSITORY_LOCATION,
AXIS2_CLIENT_CONFIG_FILE);
            ServiceClient serviceClient = new
ServiceClient(configurationContext, null);
            serviceClient.setTargetEPR(new EndpointReference("
http://localhost:8088/axis2/services/TestInService"));
            serviceClient.getOptions().setAction("urn:TestInOperation");
            serviceClient.engageModule("sandesha2");
            serviceClient.getOptions().setUseSeparateListener(true);

serviceClient.getOptions().setProperty(SandeshaClientConstants.INTERNAL_SEQUENCE_ID,
"key1");
            System.out.println("Invoke client using thread ==> " +
Thread.currentThread().getName());
            for (int i = 1; i < 100; i++) {
                serviceClient.fireAndForget(getTestOMElement(i));
                try {
                    Thread.sleep(1000);
                } catch (InterruptedException e) {
                }
            }

serviceClient.getOptions().setProperty(SandeshaClientConstants.LAST_MESSAGE,
Constants.VALUE_TRUE);
            serviceClient.fireAndForget(getTestOMElement(11));

The sequence went fine. But although I have set
serviceClient.getOptions().setUseSeparateListener(true); Sandesha2 send and
receive messages in same channel.

So how can I set it to work in dual channel (i.e with addressing reply to)?

Then I do the above test randomly starting and stopping the tcp channel
using the Tcp mon. Sandesha2 could recover messages and
every thing worked fine. Then I start the client without starting the
sequence and the server started after some time. In this case it
could not recover messages. I did not make any changes to module.xml so I
believe  it uses default value.
Has any one face this problem?

Finally I saw this in sandesha2 module.xml this,

<sandesha2:StorageManagers>

                    <sandesha2:InMemoryStorageManager>

org.apache.sandesha2.storage.inmemory.InMemoryStorageManager
                    </sandesha2:InMemoryStorageManager>

                    <sandesha2:PermanentStorageManager>

org.apache.sandesha2.storage.inmemory.InMemoryStorageManager
                    </sandesha2:PermanentStorageManager>

                </sandesha2:StorageManagers>

What is the purpose of having two storage managers? Isn't this cause
problems in handling transactions?

Can someone please help me figuring out these issues?

thanks,
Amila.

--
Amila Suriarachchi
WSO2 Inc.

Re: Sandesha2 In Only services.

Posted by David Parsons1 <PA...@uk.ibm.com>.
Hi Amila,

We have done duplicate msg testing for Sandesha2 and haven't noticed any
problems.  I think in your case what is happening is that a fault is being
generated at the service possibly something to do with:

[ERROR] The endpoint reference (EPR) for the Operation not found is  and
the WSA Action = urn:InteropServiceRMDelayResponse
org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: The endpoint reference (EPR) for the Operation
not found is  and the WSA Action = urn:InteropServiceRMDelayResponse

and is then being sent back to the client.  It may be worth checking your
delay code is all working working properly.  Another thing worth doing is
checking exactly what msgs flow on the wire.

Regards,

Dave

Dave Parsons
Web Services Test
INTERNAL:  David Parsons1/UK/IBM@IBMGB :: DE3F20 :: 246930
EXTERNAL:  ParsonsD@uk.ibm.com :: (01962) 816930
Mail Point 211, IBM Hursley Park, Winchester. SO21 2JN

From:
"Amila Suriarachchi" <am...@gmail.com>
To:
David Parsons1/UK/IBM@IBMGB
Cc:
sandesha-dev@ws.apache.org
Date:
07/10/2008 15:06
Re: Sandesha2 In Only services.

hi David,

Thank you for your responses.

Please bear with me asking these questions. What I am basically tring is
to evaluate the Sadesha2 status with
some test cases. And check whether I can do any contribution.

I tried In Out sequence. with setUserSeperateListner set to true. As you
had mentioned every thing worked fine with dual channel mode.

Then I tried with an annoymous case with this client.

ConfigurationContext configurationContext =
 ConfigurationContextFactory.createConfigurationContextFromFileSystem(
                            AXIS2_REPOSITORY_LOCATION,
AXIS2_CLIENT_CONFIG_FILE);
            ServiceClient serviceClient = new
ServiceClient(configurationContext, null);
            serviceClient.setTargetEPR(new EndpointReference("
http://localhost:8088/axis2/services/InteropServiceRMDelay2"));
 serviceClient.getOptions().setAction("urn:InteropServiceRMDelay2");
            serviceClient.engageModule("sandesha2");

            sendAsynchornousMessage(serviceClient, 6, "Key1");

            SandeshaClient.terminateSequence(serviceClient);

 private void sendAsynchornousMessage(ServiceClient serviceClient, int i,
String key) throws AxisFault {

serviceClient.getOptions().setProperty(SandeshaClientConstants.INTERNAL_SEQUENCE_ID,
key);
        AxisCallback axisCallback = new AxisCallback() {
            public void onMessage(MessageContext msgContext) {
                System.out.println("Got the message ==> " +
msgContext.getEnvelope().getBody().getFirstElement());
            }

            public void onFault(MessageContext msgContext) {

            }

            public void onError(Exception e) {
                e.printStackTrace();
                System.out.println("Received an error ...");
                if (e instanceof AxisFault){

                    System.out.println("Got the error message ==> " +
((AxisFault)e).getDetail());
                }

            }

            public void onComplete() {

            }
        };
        serviceClient.sendReceiveNonBlocking(getTestOMElement(key + " " +
i + " "), axisCallback);
    }

Again this also worked fine. It correctly send the last message and
terminate message. The I added an delay to the MessageReceiver so that the
client generates some duplicate messages.

Then it could not print the response I got these exceptions at the client
side

[ERROR] The endpoint reference (EPR) for the Operation not found is  and
the WSA Action = http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing/soap/fault
org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: The endpoint reference (EPR) for the Operation
not found is  and the WSA Action =
http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing/soap/fault
    at
org.apache.axis2.engine.DispatchPhase.checkPostConditions(DispatchPhase.java:89)
    at org.apache.axis2.engine.Phase.invoke(Phase.java:334)
    at org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.invoke(AxisEngine.java:248)
    at org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.receive(AxisEngine.java:157)
    at
org.apache.sandesha2.workers.SenderWorker.checkForSyncResponses(SenderWorker.java:700)
    at
org.apache.sandesha2.workers.SenderWorker.run(SenderWorker.java:366)
    at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:650)
    at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:675)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
[ERROR] The endpoint reference (EPR) for the Operation not found is  and
the WSA Action = urn:InteropServiceRMDelayResponse
org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: The endpoint reference (EPR) for the Operation
not found is  and the WSA Action = urn:InteropServiceRMDelayResponse
    at
org.apache.axis2.engine.DispatchPhase.checkPostConditions(DispatchPhase.java:89)
    at org.apache.axis2.engine.Phase.invoke(Phase.java:334)
    at org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.invoke(AxisEngine.java:248)
    at org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.receive(AxisEngine.java:157)
    at
org.apache.sandesha2.workers.SenderWorker.checkForSyncResponses(SenderWorker.java:700)
    at
org.apache.sandesha2.workers.SenderWorker.run(SenderWorker.java:366)
    at
org.apache.sandesha2.msgprocessors.ApplicationMsgProcessor.processResponseMessage(ApplicationMsgProcessor.java:788)
    at
org.apache.sandesha2.msgprocessors.ApplicationMsgProcessor.processOutMessage(ApplicationMsgProcessor.java:531)
    at
org.apache.sandesha2.handlers.SandeshaOutHandler.invoke(SandeshaOutHandler.java:132)
    at org.apache.axis2.engine.Phase.invoke(Phase.java:318)
    at org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.invoke(AxisEngine.java:248)
    at org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.send(AxisEngine.java:413)
    at
org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.sendAsync(OutInAxisOperation.java:311)
    at
org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.executeImpl(OutInAxisOperation.java:224)
    at
org.apache.axis2.client.OperationClient.execute(OperationClient.java:163)
    at
org.apache.axis2.client.ServiceClient.sendReceiveNonBlocking(ServiceClient.java:630)
    at
org.apache.axis2.client.ServiceClient.sendReceiveNonBlocking(ServiceClient.java:580)
    at
org.wso2.sandesha.test.client.AsyncInOutClient.sendAsynchornousMessage(AsyncInOutClient.java:349)
    at
org.wso2.sandesha.test.client.AsyncInOutClient.inOutAsyncClient2(AsyncInOutClient.java:187)
    at
org.wso2.sandesha.test.client.AsyncInOutClient.main(AsyncInOutClient.java:370)
    at
    at
    at com.intellij.rt.execution.application.AppMain.main(AppMain.java:86)
[ERROR] The Callback for MessageID
urn:uuid:D74EC6B69F7F2778761223386936480 was not found
org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: The Callback for MessageID
urn:uuid:D74EC6B69F7F2778761223386936480 was not found
    at
org.apache.axis2.util.CallbackReceiver.receive(CallbackReceiver.java:96)
    at org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.receive(AxisEngine.java:170)
    at
org.apache.sandesha2.workers.SenderWorker.checkForSyncResponses(SenderWorker.java:700)
    at
org.apache.sandesha2.workers.SenderWorker.run(SenderWorker.java:366)
    at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:650)
    at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:675)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

Have you done this kind of tests?

thanks,
Amila.

On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 3:48 PM, David Parsons1 <PA...@uk.ibm.com>
wrote:

Amila,

Sandesha takes it's mark off what addressing does.  If addressing has
added a replyTo, sandesha will set the acksTo to match.  A way round this
is to set a property 'SandeshaClientConstants.AcksTo' on your
serviceClient.  Sandesha will then no matter what set the acksTo to that
value.  Another way would be to use the SandeshaClient to explicitliy
create the sequence.  That way I believe the setUseSeparateListener
property is considered also using this you can explicitly say whether to
offer or not.

Regards,

Dave

Dave Parsons
Web Services Test
INTERNAL:  David Parsons1/UK/IBM@IBMGB :: DE3F20 :: 246930
EXTERNAL:  ParsonsD@uk.ibm.com :: (01962) 816930
Mail Point 211, IBM Hursley Park, Winchester. SO21 2JN

From:
"Amila Suriarachchi" <am...@gmail.com>
To:
David Parsons1/UK/IBM@IBMGB
Cc:
sandesha-dev@ws.apache.org
Date:
07/10/2008 08:43
Re: Sandesha2 In Only services.

On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 8:11 PM, David Parsons1 <PA...@uk.ibm.com>
wrote:

Hi,

In answer to your questions:

Why not sending ack back on new connection?

If you want the Ack to come back on a separate connection you'll need to
setUseSeparateListener(true) and call sendRecieve() and not
fireAndForget().

This is my scenario.  I have an in Only operation and I want to invoke
that using WS-RM or Sandesha2. Since my operation is in only I can not use
the sendReceive(). So it should be fireAndForget().

As I understood WS-RM 1.0 [1] describes a two channel protocol. So the
CreateSequenceResponse and Acknowledgments should come in separate
channels. Here it assumes a addressable client and server sends responds
to that end point.

The way now it operates is the way it describes in the Replay Model [2].
So my question is how can I make
this invocation compatible with WS-RM 1.0 spec. IMHO if
isUseSeperateListner is set Sandesha2 should set those reply to address
correctly.

[1] http://specs.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/02/rm/ws-reliablemessaging.pdf
[2] http://wso2.org/files/ws-rm-replay-model-1.0.3.pdf

 This will make WSAddressing add a replyTo header and from this sandesha
will know to set the acksTo to the same address.  If you want to set the
replyTo to a specific predetermined endpoint you need to explicitly set
the replyTo on the ServiceClient and then cal fireAndForget().
yes this is correct. Even in this case I believe the operation at the
server side should be in out.

Sandesha2 not recovering

'Then I start the client without starting the sequence and the server
started after some time. In this case it
could not recover messages.'  I'm not sure what you mean by this.  Are you
restarting the server hosting your client?  What do you mean by restarting
your sequence?

This is what I did.
1. Start the client. so that initial create sequence fails.
2. After some time  Start the server.

Further I noticed if I start the server with a little gap still Sandesha2
client can send the sequence correctly. So this may be an issue with
Retransmission count. I'll have another look.

Two storage Managers in Sandesha2 module.xml

I believe this is fine.  Only one storage manager will ever get used.
Nevertheless i'm not sure why they both exist like that in the module.xml.

Why offering for one way request?

Sandesha2 will offer if RM 1.0 is requested and it finds the operation
being called is twoway or axis has defined that an outIn MEP is being
used.  I'd have thought that by calling fireAndForget() axis wouldn't set
the MEP constant to outIn and therefore you wouldn't see the offer.  I
wonder if because you have setUseSeparateListener(true) it has set this.

Nope. Even I remove this line it does not change any thing. As I saw for
fireAndForget Operations this variable is not relavent in Sansesha2.

thanks,
Amila.

Regards,

Dave

Dave Parsons
Web Services Test
INTERNAL:  David Parsons1/UK/IBM@IBMGB :: DE3F20 :: 246930
EXTERNAL:  ParsonsD@uk.ibm.com :: (01962) 816930
Mail Point 211, IBM Hursley Park, Winchester. SO21 2JN

From:
"Amila Suriarachchi" <am...@gmail.com>
To:
"sandesha-dev@ws.apache.org" <sa...@ws.apache.org>
Date:
06/10/2008 10:31
Subject:
[...]

Unless stated otherwise above:
741598.

Posted by Amila Suriarachchi <am...@gmail.com>.
hi David,

Posted by David Parsons1 <PA...@uk.ibm.com>.
Amila,

Sandesha takes it's mark off what addressing does.  If addressing has
added a replyTo, sandesha will set the acksTo to match.  A way round this
is to set a property 'SandeshaClientConstants.AcksTo' on your
serviceClient.  Sandesha will then no matter what set the acksTo to that
value.  Another way would be to use the SandeshaClient to explicitliy
create the sequence.  That way I believe the setUseSeparateListener
property is considered also using this you can explicitly say whether to
offer or not.

Regards,

Dave

Dave Parsons
Web Services Test
INTERNAL:  David Parsons1/UK/IBM@IBMGB :: DE3F20 :: 246930
EXTERNAL:  ParsonsD@uk.ibm.com :: (01962) 816930
Mail Point 211, IBM Hursley Park, Winchester. SO21 2JN

From:
"Amila Suriarachchi" <am...@gmail.com>
To:
David Parsons1/UK/IBM@IBMGB
Cc:
sandesha-dev@ws.apache.org
Date:
07/10/2008 08:43

wrote:

[...]

From:
"Amila Suriarachchi" <am...@gmail.com>
To:
"sandesha-dev@ws.apache.org" <sa...@ws.apache.org>
Date:
06/10/2008 10:31
Subject:

Posted by Amila Suriarachchi <am...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Parsons1 <PA...@uk.ibm.com>.
Hi,

In answer to your questions:

Why not sending ack back on new connection?

If you want the Ack to come back on a separate connection you'll need to
setUseSeparateListener(true) and call sendRecieve() and not
fireAndForget().  This will make WSAddressing add a replyTo header and
[...]

From:
"Amila Suriarachchi" <am...@gmail.com>
To:
"sandesha-dev@ws.apache.org" <sa...@ws.apache.org>
Date:
06/10/2008 10:31
Subject:

Posted by Amila Suriarachchi <am...@gmail.com>.
I had a look at the messages being passed using tcp mon. I am using Axis2
trunk and Sandesha2 trunk code.

Then I saw the following create sequence message for above mentioned test
case

      <soapenv:Header>
         <wsa:To xmlns:wsa="http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing">
http://localhost:8088/axis2/services/TestInService</wsa:To>
         <wsa:MessageID xmlns:wsa="http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing
">urn:uuid:27F1F5DC8E075DB6191223285847424</wsa:MessageID>
         <wsa:Action xmlns:wsa="http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing">
http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/02/rm/CreateSequence</wsa:Action>
      </soapenv:Header>
      <soapenv:Body>
         <wsrm:CreateSequence xmlns:wsrm="
http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/02/rm">
            <wsrm:AcksTo>
               <wsa:Address xmlns:wsa="http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing
">http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing/anonymous</wsa:Address>
            </wsrm:AcksTo>
            <wsrm:Offer>

<wsrm:Identifier>urn:uuid:27F1F5DC8E075DB6191223285847439</wsrm:Identifier>
            </wsrm:Offer>
         </wsrm:CreateSequence>
      </soapenv:Body>
   </soapenv:Envelope>

Although this is an inonly message sequence Sandesha2 has set an Offer. This
is wrong. Sansesha2 server is not
checking for this but if someone try to interoperate with the .Net that will
give exceptions for these.

thanks,
Amila.

Amila Suriarachchi