Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl> on 2014/12/15 10:21:38 UTC

[4.14] how to use the new FlatSpark theme?

Hi,

Would anyone care to share how we can use the new FlatSpark theme in
our projects? Maybe do a short Wiki article on the subject, with an
example project?

Thanks!

EdB

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: [4.14] how to use the new FlatSpark theme?

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.
> Do you want me to just create a new wiki page inside FlatSpark's GitHub page
> and then you take it from there?

Yes, that would be fine. Let me know in this thread when it's
available and I'll 'copy' it to the Flex Wiki. Thank you.

EdB

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 12/15/14, 2:31 AM, "Tom Chiverton" <tc...@extravision.com> wrote:

>I think writing it directly on the Apache Flex Wiki, maybe as a child of
>https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLEX/Guides+and+Reference
>is going to be best.
>
>We just need to grant you access I think ?

Wiki has a different list of accounts.  Mahmoud can sign up for a wiki
account from any wiki page if he doesn’t have one already.  Then he tells
us his account name and then we grant write permission.

-Alex

Re: [4.14] how to use the new FlatSpark theme?

Posted by Tom Chiverton <tc...@extravision.com>.
I think writing it directly on the Apache Flex Wiki, maybe as a child of
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLEX/Guides+and+Reference
is going to be best.

We just need to grant you access I think ?
Tom

Posted by Mahmoud Ali <mu...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Erik.

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.
Hi,

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 12/15/14, 3:39 PM, "Mahmoud Ali" <mu...@gmail.com> wrote:

>I just created an account on the wiki page. Username: akamud

OK, you should have permissions

Sorry for the delay,
-Alex

Re: [4.14] how to use the new FlatSpark theme?

Posted by Mahmoud Ali <mu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mahmoud Ali <mu...@gmail.com>.

> the release notes state that FlatSpark is a new theme so that description
> should be updated (replace 'theme' with 'skins'?)

I think that would be more appropriate for now.

Re: [4.14] how to use the new FlatSpark theme?

the release notes state that FlatSpark is a new theme so that
description should be updated (replace 'theme' with 'skins'?)

Lee Burrows
ActionScripter

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.
> I don't know if this relates to the problem, but I'm trying this on
> Windows. Erik and Dany, which OS are you using?

I'm on a Mac.

EdB

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: AW: [4.14] how to use the new FlatSpark theme?

Posted by "okrueger@edscha.com" <OK...@edscha.com>.
I've just found that using flatspark and setting the applications chrome
color results in and error:

Error message for <s:Button skinClass="flatspark.skins.ButtonSkin" />:
Error #1069: Property iconDisplay not found on flatspark.skins.ButtonSkin
and there is no default value.

Error message for <s:RadioButton skinClass="flatspark.skins.RadioButtonSkin"
/>:
Error #1069: Property dot not found on flatspark.skins.RadioButtonSkin and
there is no default value.

To set the applications chrome color I call this at creationComplete:
FlexGlobals.topLevelApplication.setStyle("chromeColor", 0xFFFFFF);

If this is an real issue I could create a jira ticket.

Olaf

Re: [4.14] how to use the new FlatSpark theme?

Posted by Mahmoud Ali <mu...@gmail.com>.

> Sure, it is an issue with a new feature. Please commit to
> 'release4.14', it will be merged into develop after we've released.

Okay :)

Re: [4.14] how to use the new FlatSpark theme?

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.

Posted by Mahmoud Ali <mu...@gmail.com>.

> Anyway: all works fine now and apart from the flatspark theme, I haven't
> had any issues in upgrading to the new sdk. All I had to do is modify the
> html template file because our projects need a bit of custom code in those.

Thank you for helping Dany.
I'm just wondering if there was any change on the installer that could have
"fixed" this issue. I downloaded the SDK right now and it also "just works".

> I have some more minor issue regarding the <s:ButtonIcon/> component:
> If a button label is empty, the icon is not centred cause the label is
always include in the layout.
> Could you modify the "labelDisplay" inside the default ButtonIconSkin by
adding this:
>includeInLayout="{hostComponent.label != ''}"

Olaf, I'll fix this. Thanks for pointing to the right direction.

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.
Thanks for testing, Dany!

I really helps us feel more confident about an upcoming release if
others have positive experiences with the pre-release nightlies.

I hope you will help out again testing the official release packages
once we start the vote.

EdB

Posted by piotrz <pi...@gmail.com>.
Awesome Mahmoud!

You should put this link into the README for the new SDK release.

Thank you!
Piotr

-----
Apache Flex PMC
piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com

Re: [4.14] how to use the new FlatSpark theme?

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.
> Sorry for making some more noise but I've one more question;-)

No need to apologize for wanting to learn something! We love to see
new people get involved in the project and never consider them noisy
:-)

> Is JIRA for issues (bugs) only or could I use a JIRA ticket for improvement suggestions also?

Both. You can indicate the type in the issue itself, so viewer can
filter them etc.

EdB

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

AW: [4.14] how to use the new FlatSpark theme?

Posted by Krüger, Olaf <OK...@edscha.com>.
>The best way to make sure no issues are lost in the noise on this list, is to file a JIRA ticket.
Sorry for making some more noise but I've one more question;-)
Is JIRA for issues (bugs) only or could I use a JIRA ticket for improvement suggestions also?

Olaf
[Merry Christmas - Frohe Weihnachten - Feliz Navidad - Joyeux Noel - Vesele Vanoce]

________________________________

Edscha Holding GmbH
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Remscheid
Registergericht: Wuppertal, HRB 22889
Geschäftsführung: Francisco J. Riberas Mera, Francisco López Peña, David Vázquez Pascual, Torsten Greiner, Markus Kirchner, Hans-Peter Schulz und Volker Weiss

Vertretungsberechtigt sind nur Geschäftsführer und schriftlich Bevollmächtigte.

Solely Managing Directors or employees with a written proxy have got power of representation.

Der Inhalt dieser E-Mail einschließlich etwaiger beigefügter Dateien ist vertraulich und nur für den Empfänger bestimmt. Sollten Sie nicht der bestimmungsgemäße Empfänger sein, ist Ihnen jegliche Offenlegung, Vervielfältigung, Weitergabe oder Nutzung des Inhalts untersagt. Bitte informieren Sie in diesem Fall unverzüglich den Absender und löschen Sie die E-Mail einschließlich etwaiger beigefügter Dateien von Ihrem System. Vielen Dank.

The contents of this e-mail including any attachments are confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of its contents is strictly prohibited, and you should please notify the sender immediately and then delete this e-mail including any attachments from your system. Thank you.

Re: [4.14] how to use the new FlatSpark theme?

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.
> If I'll find other issues regarding 'flatspark', is it the right way to create a new topic here at the 'dev-list'?

The best way to make sure no issues are lost in the noise on this
list, is to file a JIRA ticket. This is where that happens:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX

That way anyone who is subscribed to the issues@flex.apache.org
mailing list - most committers are (or should be!) - will get a
message informing them of the issue, and they, and anyone else, is
free to assign it to themselves and resolve it.

Thanks,

EdB

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

AW: [4.14] how to use the new FlatSpark theme?

Posted by Krüger, Olaf <OK...@edscha.com>.
>I will take at look at this tonight, are you using the same example in the GitHub page, just changing the chrome color?
No, I just create a new project with only one button inside:

<s:Application xmlns:fx="http://ns.adobe.com/mxml/2009"
                           xmlns:mx="library://ns.adobe.com/flex/mx" minWidth="955" minHeight="600"
                           xmlns:flatspark="flatspark.components.*"
                           creationComplete="init()">

        <fx:Script>
                <![CDATA[
                        import mx.core.FlexGlobals;

                        private function init():void {
                                FlexGlobals.topLevelApplication.setStyle("chromeColor", 0xFFFFFF);
                        }
                ]]>
        </fx:Script>

        <s:Button label="Test"  skinClass="flatspark.skins.ButtonSkin" />

</s:Application>

I have some more minor issue regarding the <s:ButtonIcon/> component:
If a button label is empty, the icon is not centred cause the label is always include in the layout.
Could you modify the "labelDisplay" inside the default ButtonIconSkin by adding this:

includeInLayout="{hostComponent.label != ''}"

(nearly the same as for "iconFont" )

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.
> Erik, I committed them to 'release4.14' branch as you instructed.

Mahmoud, thanks for your contribution.

For future reference: it is easier if you do more granular (smaller)
commits, e.g. one for each fix and feature. That way, if something is
wrong with one of them, you don't lose the rest when you need to
revert. In the case of your last commit, I would imagine having at
least three: one for each JIRA ticket and one for the 'various' fixes.

HTH,

EdB

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

AW: [4.14] how to use the new FlatSpark theme?

Posted by Krüger, Olaf <OK...@edscha.com>.
> Will do Olaf.
Thanks!
Only to make sure that you've noticed it:
I've created some more JIRA tickets. They all starts with "Flatspark" so there're easy to find ;-)
If you need some help let me know.

Olaf

________________________________

Posted by Mahmoud Ali <mu...@gmail.com>.

> Don't forget to mention the embedded "Font Awesome". I can imagine that
> many people will like this ;-)

Will do Olaf.

> You should put this link into the README for the new SDK release.

Done. :)

AW: [4.14] how to use the new FlatSpark theme?

Posted by Krüger, Olaf <OK...@edscha.com>.
> I finally wrote the wiki page [1].
Thank you!

Posted by Mahmoud Ali <mu...@gmail.com>.
I finally wrote the wiki page [1].
I'll be adding more details to it, such as the "fixedFontSize" property and
other important notes.

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLEX/Using+FlatSpark+skins

AW: [4.14] how to use the new FlatSpark theme?

Posted by Krüger, Olaf <OK...@edscha.com>.
>Olaf, thank you for your help on fixing FLEX-34692. I replicated them to ButtonIconSkin too.
>I just committed changes that fix pretty much everything you reported so far. Thank you so much for testing!

Confirmed! My tests are ok!
I've seen that you've already implemented and committed 'iconFontSize' but the related issue is still open:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX-34693

Btw: Implementing 'iconFontSize' as a style seems to be much more elegant.
Contributing to the flex project is also a good way to extend my basic flex skills ;-)

Thank you so much!

Posted by Mahmoud Ali <mu...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Olaf. I assigned the issue to me.

AW: [4.14] how to use the new FlatSpark theme?

Posted by Krüger, Olaf <OK...@edscha.com>.
>  I've just found that using flatspark and setting the applications chrome color results in an error:
>I will take at look at this tonight, are you using the same example in the GitHub page, just changing the chrome color?
Thank you!

To make sure we do not forget this I've created an JIRA ticked:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX-34694

Posted by Mahmoud Ali <mu...@gmail.com>.

> I've copy and paste some code from the "WebAppTest.mxml" inside the
> "flatspark git repository":
>
> https://github.com/akamud/FlatSpark/blob/master/samples/WebAppTest/src/WebAppTest.mxml

The examples are outdated, I'll update it once we release the 4.14 SDK.
They only work with the old version of FlatSpark, which is hosted on my
GitHub page.

Posted by Krüger, Olaf <OK...@edscha.com>.
>Where is the camel case? In a config file, or do you mean in the filename itself?

I've copy and paste some code from the "WebAppTest.mxml" inside the "flatspark git repository":
https://github.com/akamud/FlatSpark/blob/master/samples/WebAppTest/src/WebAppTest.mxml

So this is no real issue... sorry for confusing you!

Olaf

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.

Posted by Mahmoud Ali <mu...@gmail.com>.

> All the fonts are added via css, they are declared the same way the
> Android mobile theme declares them:
> src:url("flatspark/assets/fonts/lato/Lato_Regular.otf");

I forgot to mention, I'm also adding them to the compile-config.xml:

<include-file>
    <name>flatspark/assets/fonts/awesome/FontAwesome.otf</name>
    <path>src/flatspark/assets/fonts/awesome/FontAwesome.otf</path>
</include-file>

Re: [4.14] how to use the new FlatSpark theme?

Posted by Mahmoud Ali <mu...@gmail.com>.

> I believe he might have an environment issue, since I don't have that issue
> with a fresh install of 4.14.

Yeah, probably. The weirdest part, for me, is that it will work if I import
the swc.
I checked all the fonts comparing with the mobile theme and the actual
path, and everything looks correct.

Re: [4.14] how to use the new FlatSpark theme?

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
On Dec 16, 2014 10:24 PM, "Alex Harui" <ah...@adobe.com> wrote:

> On 12/16/14, 5:18 PM, "Mahmoud Ali" <mu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> >> {
> >> skinClass: ClassReference("flatspark.skins.ButtonSkin");
> >> }
> >>
> >> I see the new flatspark skins fine this way.
> >

> >That's weird. This just works in my machine if I import the swc to my
> >project. If I use it directly from the SDK I get the font error.
>
> I’ve never seen a font file in a SWC before.

We are doing that with the Android and iOS skins.

If your source code is
> referencing the font file, I’m not sure what has to happen to get the
> compiler to see it.  It looks like Om’s example does not reference the
> font file.

It does, from the CSS and the compile-config.

I believe he might have an environment issue, since I don't have that issue
with a fresh install of 4.14.

Thanks,
Om

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 12/16/14, 5:18 PM, "Mahmoud Ali" <mu...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> {
>> skinClass: ClassReference("flatspark.skins.ButtonSkin");
>> }
>>
>> I see the new flatspark skins fine this way.
>

>That's weird. This just works in my machine if I import the swc to my
>project. If I use it directly from the SDK I get the font error.

I’ve never seen a font file in a SWC before.  If your source code is

Posted by Mahmoud Ali <mu...@gmail.com>.

> *1.) Specifying skinClass inline:*
>
> Looks like the wiki page has an error
>
> https://github.com/akamud/FlatSpark/wiki/How-to-use-FlatSpark-in-your-project

The wiki was outdated, I changed the namespaces to lowercase just to follow
the convention in the sdk projects. I was planning to update it when 4.14.0
got released. Thanks.

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
These are my tests:

*1.) Specifying skinClass inline:*

Looks like the wiki page has an error
https://github.com/akamud/FlatSpark/wiki/How-to-use-FlatSpark-in-your-project

flatSpark.skins.RadioButtonSkin
must actually be (no camel case in flatspark):
flatspark.skins.RadioButtonSkin

I was able to display the RadioButton with the new skin correctly like this:

<s:RadioButton label="Test 2" selected="true"
skinClass="flatspark.skins.RadioButtonSkin"/>

I did not have to import anything.  I have updated the wiki page now.

[...]

This is on Windows 7, 64 bit, with 4.14 RC.

Thanks,
Om

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Dec 16, 2014 at 3:17 PM, Mahmoud Ali <mu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I downloaded the SDK again, FlatSpark is now included in libs folder, but
> I'm getting the error "Unable to build font" for all the fonts FlatSpark
> uses.
>
> I did a quick test using the flatspark.swc directly from my local Flex SDK
> build (built on release4.14.0 branch) and everything worked fine.
>
> All the fonts are added via css, they are declared the same way the Android
> mobile theme declares them:
> src:url("flatspark/assets/fonts/lato/Lato_Regular.otf");
>
> I don't know what might be the problem. Maybe Om has some idea of what's
> wrong?

I will take a look at it very soon.

Thanks,
Om

Re: [4.14] how to use the new FlatSpark theme?

Posted by Mahmoud Ali <mu...@gmail.com>.
Sorry for the delay to answer this.
I downloaded the 4.14 SDK this morning and I had the same problem Dany is
having.
All the FlatSpark sources are there, but the .swc is not getting generated
in the libs folder.

I downloaded the SDK via the installer.

I'll try to download it again, as Erik instructed.

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.
I just used the installer to download the (Show Dev Builds) 4.14.0 RC
and created the following app using it:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<s:Application xmlns:fx="http://ns.adobe.com/mxml/2009"
  xmlns:mx="library://ns.adobe.com/flex/mx"
  minWidth="955" minHeight="600">

  <fx:Declarations />

  <s:Button label="Click Me" skinClass="flatspark.skins.ButtonSkin" />

</s:Application>

Which showed me a perfectly nice FlatSpark button...

Can you try to download a fresh copy of the 4.14 SDK and try again?

EdB

Posted by Dany Dhondt <ar...@mac.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.
Never mind, I used that for ButtonIcon. I'm not having the best of
luck helping out with this theme ;-)

I'll let Mahmoud do the talking from now on.

EdB

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.
Can you try the same, but add

Posted by Dany Dhondt <ar...@mac.com>.

Posted by Mahmoud Ali <mu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.
In which case, we've found an issue...

EdB

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.
I also managed to get this error when I forgot to put the curly braces
inside the property declaration, like so:

good: skinClass="{flatspark.skins.ButtonSkin}", but I had:

Posted by Dany Dhondt <ar...@mac.com>.
Eric,

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.

Posted by Dany Dhondt <ar...@mac.com>.

Posted by Mahmoud Ali <mu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.

Posted by Mahmoud Ali <mu...@gmail.com>.

> Mahmoud,
>
> Using the GitHub wiki article I've tried to create a new project,
> chose 4.14 RC SDK and add one button.
>
> If I try to give this button the FlatSpark look by using the
> 'skinClass' property directly in MXML, I get 33 compiler errors,
> starting with a dozen or so "Exception during transcoding:".

Never had these errors before. I'll take a look at this today as soon as I
get back home.
Can you provide a Gist showing the code you wrote?

Thanks.

Re: [4.14] how to use the new FlatSpark theme?

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.
Mahmoud,

Using the GitHub wiki article I've tried to create a new project,
chose 4.14 RC SDK and add one button.

If I try to give this button the FlatSpark look by using the
'skinClass' property directly in MXML, I get 33 compiler errors,
starting with a dozen or so "Exception during transcoding:".

If I try to give the button the FlatSpark look using a CSS declaration
in an MXML style section ("s|Button { skinClass:
"flatspark.skins.ButtonSkin"; }"), I get this runtime error:

<error>
Error: Skin for
Main.ApplicationSkin2.containerGrp.contentGroup.VGroup5.Button6 cannot
be found.
at spark.components.supportClasses::SkinnableComponent/attachSkin()[/Users/erik/Documents/ApacheFlex/git/flex-sdk/frameworks/projects/spark/src/spark/components/supportClasses/SkinnableComponent.as:713]
at spark.components.supportClasses::SkinnableComponent/validateSkinChange()[/Users/erik/Documents/ApacheFlex/git/flex-sdk/frameworks/projects/spark/src/spark/components/supportClasses/SkinnableComponent.as:457]
at spark.components.supportClasses::SkinnableComponent/createChildren()[/Users/erik/Documents/ApacheFlex/git/flex-sdk/frameworks/projects/spark/src/spark/components/supportClasses/SkinnableComponent.as:416]
at mx.core::UIComponent/initialize()[/Users/erik/Documents/ApacheFlex/git/flex-sdk/frameworks/projects/framework/src/mx/core/UIComponent.as:7695]
at mx.core::UIComponent/http://www.adobe.com/2006/flex/mx/internal::childAdded()[/Users/erik/Documents/ApacheFlex/git/flex-sdk/frameworks/projects/framework/src/mx/core/UIComponent.as:7556]
at mx.core::UIComponent/addChildAt()[/Users/erik/Documents/ApacheFlex/git/flex-sdk/frameworks/projects/framework/src/mx/core/UIComponent.as:7260]
at spark.components::Group/addDisplayObjectToDisplayList()[/Users/erik/Documents/ApacheFlex/git/flex-sdk/frameworks/projects/spark/src/spark/components/Group.as:2116]
at spark.components::Group/http://www.adobe.com/2006/flex/mx/internal::elementAdded()[/Users/erik/Documents/ApacheFlex/git/flex-sdk/frameworks/projects/spark/src/spark/components/Group.as:1707]
at spark.components::Group/setMXMLContent()[/Users/erik/Documents/ApacheFlex/git/flex-sdk/frameworks/projects/spark/src/spark/components/Group.as:653]
at spark.components::Group/createChildren()[/Users/erik/Documents/ApacheFlex/git/flex-sdk/frameworks/projects/spark/src/spark/components/Group.as:906]
[...]
mxmlContent()[/Users/erik/Documents/ApacheFlex/git/flex-sdk/frameworks/projects/spark/src/spark/components/Group.as:593]
at spark.components::SkinnableContainer/set
mxmlContent()[/Users/erik/Documents/ApacheFlex/git/flex-sdk/frameworks/projects/spark/src/spark/components/SkinnableContainer.as:665]
at spark.components::SkinnableContainer/createDeferredContent()[/Users/erik/Documents/ApacheFlex/git/flex-sdk/frameworks/projects/spark/src/spark/components/SkinnableContainer.as:1092]
at spark.components::SkinnableContainer/createContentIfNeeded()[/Users/erik/Documents/ApacheFlex/git/flex-sdk/frameworks/projects/spark/src/spark/components/SkinnableContainer.as:1120]
at spark.components::SkinnableContainer/createChildren()[/Users/erik/Documents/ApacheFlex/git/flex-sdk/frameworks/projects/spark/src/spark/components/SkinnableContainer.as:915]
at spark.components::Application/createChildren()[/Users/erik/Documents/ApacheFlex/git/flex-sdk/frameworks/projects/spark/src/spark/components/Application.as:1564]
at mx.core::UIComponent/initialize()[/Users/erik/Documents/ApacheFlex/git/flex-sdk/frameworks/projects/framework/src/mx/core/UIComponent.as:7695]
at spark.components::Application/initialize()[/Users/erik/Documents/ApacheFlex/git/flex-sdk/frameworks/projects/spark/src/spark/components/Application.as:1387]
at Main/initialize()
at mx.managers.systemClasses::ChildManager/childAdded()[/Users/erik/Documents/ApacheFlex/git/flex-sdk/frameworks/projects/framework/src/mx/managers/systemClasses/ChildManager.as:197]
at mx.managers.systemClasses::ChildManager/initializeTopLevelWindow()[/Users/erik/Documents/ApacheFlex/git/flex-sdk/frameworks/projects/framework/src/mx/managers/systemClasses/ChildManager.as:367]
at mx.managers::SystemManager/initializeTopLevelWindow()[/Users/erik/Documents/ApacheFlex/git/flex-sdk/frameworks/projects/framework/src/mx/managers/SystemManager.as:3065]
at mx.managers::SystemManager/http://www.adobe.com/2006/flex/mx/internal::kickOff()[/Users/erik/Documents/ApacheFlex/git/flex-sdk/frameworks/projects/framework/src/mx/managers/SystemManager.as:2851]
at mx.managers::SystemManager/http://www.adobe.com/2006/flex/mx/internal::preloader_completeHandler()[/Users/erik/Documents/ApacheFlex/git/flex-sdk/frameworks/projects/framework/src/mx/managers/SystemManager.as:2731]
at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()
at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
at mx.preloaders::Preloader/timerHandler()[/Users/erik/Documents/ApacheFlex/git/flex-sdk/frameworks/projects/framework/src/mx/preloaders/Preloader.as:572]
at flash.utils::Timer/_timerDispatch()
at flash.utils::Timer/tick()
</error>

Posted by Mahmoud Ali <mu...@gmail.com>.
I think I just found the binaries in Jenkins.

I'll write something showing how to use it when I get back from work.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
It is up to Erik.  He’s sleeping right now, I think.

Posted by Mihai Chira <mi...@gmail.com>.
No worries, thanks for letting me know.

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.

Posted by Mahmoud Ali <mu...@gmail.com>.

> I like me some cherries, so I picked yours up for this release ;-)

Awesome, Erik! Thanks! :)

Re: AW: [4.14] how to use the new FlatSpark theme?

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.

Posted by Mahmoud Ali <mu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mahmoud Ali <mu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mahmoud Ali <mu...@gmail.com>.
#61...

Thank you for reporting this rodnyeh. It was indeed a bug, I just committed
some changes that should fix this for Button and ButtonIcon.

@FlexTeam, should I still commit this to the branch release4.14.0?

Re: AW: [4.14] how to use the new FlatSpark theme?

Posted by Mahmoud Ali <mu...@gmail.com>.

> Not sure if this has been reported, but I believe there may be a bug in the
> flatspark.skins.ButtonIconSkin.mxml as of Flex SDK 4.14 nightly build
> #61...

I'll take a look at this tonight.

Re: AW: [4.14] how to use the new FlatSpark theme?

Posted by rodneyh <ro...@gmail.com>.
Not sure if this has been reported, but I believe there may be a bug in the
flatspark.skins.ButtonIconSkin.mxml as of Flex SDK 4.14 nightly build #61...
The default state of the buttonIcon is up(stateUp). The fill_over,
fill_down, and fill_disabled rects are included in the corresponding states
only. So if the cornerRadius != inherited &/or non-inherited property
returned by getStyle() it will set the fill_up.radiusX property but you will
get a cannot access a null object or property when it tries to set the
radiusX property of the other rects because they are not included in the
current state.override protected function
updateDisplayList(unscaledWidth:Number, unscaledHeight:Number) : void{	var
cr:Number = getStyle("cornerRadius");					if (cornerRadius != cr)	{
cornerRadius = cr;		fill_up.radiusX = cornerRadius;		fill_over.radiusX =
cornerRadius;		fill_down.radiusX = cornerRadius;		fill_disabled.radiusX =
cornerRadius;	}					super.updateDisplayList(unscaledWidth,
unscaledHeight);}I have tested this against the 4.14 nightly build #61 ...

Re: AW: [4.14] how to use the new FlatSpark theme?

Posted by "okrueger@edscha.com" <OK...@edscha.com>.
>I just added a “FlatSpark” component to JIRA.  Olaf, can you fix up your
tickets to use that component?
Done!

Re: [4.14] how to use the new FlatSpark theme?