Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org> on 2011/09/02 02:17:48 UTC

Re: I can't pass the unit test when compile from apache-solr-3.3.0-src

: Trunk builds and tests fine but 3.3 fails the test below
: NOTE: reproduce with: ant test -Dtestcase=ContentStreamTest
: -Dtestmethod=testURLStream
: -Dtests.seed=743785413891938113:-7792321629547565878
: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect
: 	at org.apache.solr.common.util.ContentStreamTest.testURLStream(ContentStreamTest.java:70)
: 	at org.apache.lucene.util.LuceneTestCase$LuceneTestCaseRunner.runChild(LuceneTestCase.java:1277)
: 	at org.apache.lucene.util.LuceneTestCase$LuceneTestCaseRunner.runChild(LuceneTestCase.java:1195)

The line in question above is just trying to open a URL connection to
svn.apache.org.  so if it's failing for you that probably means you are
running tests on a box where the public internet is unreachable?

the reason you don't see the same failure on trunk is because simonw
seems to have fixed the test on trunk to use a proper "assume" statement,
as part of a larger unrealted issue...

https://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1055636
https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/lucene/dev/trunk/solr/src/test/org/apache/solr/common/util/ContentStreamTest.java?r1=1055636&r2=1055635&pathrev=1055636

...i'll backport that particular fix.

-Hoss

Re: I can't pass the unit test when compile from apache-solr-3.3.0-src

Posted by lee carroll <le...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Chris,

That makes sense. I was behind fire wall when running both builds. I
thought I was correctly proxied - but maybe the request was being
squashed
by something else before it even got to the firewall.

I've just ran tests again but this time outside of fire wall and all pass.

Thanks a lot

Lee C