Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Kevin Conaway <ke...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/17 19:04:43 UTC

DynamicClientFactory :: Reused previously compiled classes

Currently, the DynamicClientFactory will compile all classes in a new folder
each time it reads a given WSDL.  Since this folder is based off of the
current timestamp, the folder ends up being different every time.

In our case, we end up reading the same few WSDLs over and over again.  It
would be very useful to have the compiled classes be placed in a folder that
is somehow connected to the WSDL the DynamicClientFactory is currently
reading such that successive reads of the WSDL do not end up recompiling the
classes.

Does this sound reasonable? If so, I'm happy to create an issue and jira and
submit a patch.

Sincerely,

Kevin Conaway

Re: DynamicClientFactory :: Reused previously compiled classes

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Thu December 17 2009 1:04:43 pm Kevin Conaway wrote:
> Currently, the DynamicClientFactory will compile all classes in a new
>  folder each time it reads a given WSDL.  Since this folder is based off of
>  the current timestamp, the folder ends up being different every time.
>
> In our case, we end up reading the same few WSDLs over and over again.  It
> would be very useful to have the compiled classes be placed in a folder
>  that is somehow connected to the WSDL the DynamicClientFactory is
>  currently reading such that successive reads of the WSDL do not end up
>  recompiling the classes.
>
> Does this sound reasonable? If so, I'm happy to create an issue and jira
>  and submit a patch.

It definitely sounds reasonable and a patch would be welcome.

That said, have you considered just creating the Client object once and re-
using it as a singleton?    Would avoid reparsing the wsdl and such over and
over as well.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp