Posted to user@struts.apache.org by di...@multitask.com.au on 2001/03/02 05:43:42 UTC

JUNIT and Struts

We use a JUnit extension (HttpUnit) to do all of our functional testing. We
can effectively 'fake' the user submitting a form, and check for page
results. We've added some code into a base test class so that we can use
methods like assertPageText("xyz") or assertPageError
("struts.resources.key").

This works very well.
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
Work:      http://www.multitask.com.au

Hello,

We are using the XP development process(http://www.extremeprogramming.org/)
as
we develop our Struts web application.  We need to write some tests in
JUnit(http://www.junit.org) to incrementally test as we write code.  Has
anyone
ever used JUnit with Struts?  Does anyone have any advice about how to
proceed
in coding these tests?

TIA,

Julia

              Previous Document (Embe (Embe Next Document
                                dded   dded
                                image image
                                moved moved
                                to       to
                                file: file:
                                pic26 pic19
                                500.p 169.p
                                cx)     cx)

                                                    Return to View

                                                (Embedded image moved to
                                                  file: pic15724.pcx)

Re: JUNIT and Struts

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@octo.fr>.
Yes, and you can also do unit tests of your server side code if you want,
using J2EEUnit (http://j2eeunit.sourceforge.net). We are in the process of
writing a test suite using J2EEUnit for Struts.
Thanks.
Vincent.