Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Robert Waddell <rw...@googlemail.com> on 2011/01/31 11:37:36 UTC

How to throw away aliases ?

Hey Guys,

I was just wondering if anyone knew a way to essentially de-reference
aliases. The reason I am asking this as I am looking for performance
improvements, and since the aliases need to be stored and loaded back in at
the end/start at each mapreduce, I was wondering how I can throw away the
ones I no longer require, thus saving the time and capacity of having to
store it.

Thanks Again,

Robert.

Re: How to throw away aliases ?

Posted by Thejas M Nair <te...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Hi Robert,
I am not sure if I have understood what you are saying here. An example
might help.

Not all aliases (ie relation corresponding to them) are stored on disk, only
ones stored explicitly using store statement or ones that happen to be at
boundaries of map and reduce get (temporarily) stored.

Thanks,
Thejas