Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Upkar Saimbi <us...@cy-nap.com> on 2005/12/09 11:37:20 UTC

Using CatalogManager in Struts

Hello, I'd like to be able to use local versions of the struts DTDs -
configuring them within a Catalog xml file. I need to use something
called a resolver with my parser but I haven't the foggiest idea how I
can do this. I have my Catalog.properties file and catalog.xml files set
up in my WEB-INF/classes webapp directory, I just don't know how to get
struts to refer to it.

Please help....

Thanks.

Upkar Saimbi

Re: Using local versions of struts DTDs

Posted by Michael Jouravlev <jm...@gmail.com>.
On 12/12/05, Upkar Saimbi <us...@cy-nap.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'd like to be able to use local versions of the struts DTDs - does
> anyone know how I can do this?

<!DOCTYPE struts-config SYSTEM "here goes path to your dtd file">

Michael.

Using local versions of struts DTDs

Re: Using CatalogManager in Struts

Posted by Craig McClanahan <cr...@apache.org>.
On 12/9/05, Upkar Saimbi <us...@cy-nap.com> wrote:

> Hello, I'd like to be able to use local versions of the struts DTDs -
> configuring them within a Catalog xml file. I need to use something
> called a resolver with my parser but I haven't the foggiest idea how I
> can do this. I have my Catalog.properties file and catalog.xml files set
> up in my WEB-INF/classes webapp directory, I just don't know how to get
> struts to refer to it.

Struts does *exactly* the same thing when it parses your
struts-config.xmlfiles, so it would be helpful for you to see how
that's done (using Commons
Digester).  Check out the initConfigDigester() method of
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet, and notice how it uses the
register() method of the Digester instance to register local copies of the
Struts DTDs.

Internally, what's going on is a string like
"/org/apache/struts/resources/struts_config_1_2.dtd" (which points at a
resource file included in struts.jar) is being turned into a URL by calling
ServletContext.getResource() -- exactly what you need to gain access to
anything stored under WEB-INF/classes or WEB-INF/lib.

Please help....

> Thanks.
>
> Upkar Saimbi

Craig McClanahan

Re: Using CatalogManager in Struts

Posted by Craig McClanahan <cr...@apache.org>.
On 12/9/05, Upkar Saimbi <us...@cy-nap.com> wrote:

> Hello, I'd like to be able to use local versions of the struts DTDs -
> configuring them within a Catalog xml file. I need to use something
> called a resolver with my parser but I haven't the foggiest idea how I
> can do this. I have my Catalog.properties file and catalog.xml files set
> up in my WEB-INF/classes webapp directory, I just don't know how to get
> struts to refer to it.

Struts does *exactly* the same thing when it parses your
struts-config.xmlfiles, so it would be helpful for you to see how
that's done (using Commons
Digester).  Check out the initConfigDigester() method of
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet, and notice how it uses the
register() method of the Digester instance to register local copies of the
Struts DTDs.

Internally, what's going on is a string like
"/org/apache/struts/resources/struts_config_1_2.dtd" (which points at a
resource file included in struts.jar) is being turned into a URL by calling
ServletContext.getResource() -- exactly what you need to gain access to
anything stored under WEB-INF/classes or WEB-INF/lib.

Please help....

> Thanks.
>
> Upkar Saimbi

Craig McClanahan