Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com> on 2017/12/21 12:19:12 UTC

OpenAPI: Swagger2 or Swagger3

Hi

How should CXF position its OpenAPI feature, as Swagger 2 or 3 ?

Swagger 2 is a bit confusing, given that we have am Open Api version 3
and the existing Swagger2Feature.

I know Swagger2Feature depends on swagger core/jaxrs 1.5.x, but it is
still Swagger2 ?

Sergey

Re: OpenAPI: Swagger2 or Swagger3

Posted by Dennis Kieselhorst <de...@apache.org>.
> Swagger 2 is a bit confusing, given that we have am Open Api version 3
> and the existing Swagger2Feature.

We should rely on the versions of the Open API spec which is 2.0 for the original Swagger and 3.0.0 for OpenAPI. swagger-core/ jaxrs 1.5.x deals with spec 2.0 and swagger-core/ jaxrs 2.0.x with spec 3.0.0.

Even more confusing is that swagger-ui 3.0.x only supports spec 2.0 and you need >3.5.x to have both 2.0 and 3.0.0 spec support.

Regards
Dennis

Re: OpenAPI: Swagger2 or Swagger3

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
Sure. I've just really asked for my own understanding in case I talk
about it somewhere. Indeed, referring to OpenAPI v3 as Swagger 3 (as
opposed to 2) is right, the lib versions is an impl detail...

Romain, FYI, Andriy has already provided an initial impl of the
OpenAPiFeature based on the OpenApi v3 libs...

Cheers, Sergey

Posted by Andriy Redko <dr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
+1 for 3 - but not sure java lib is ready