Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by "Steigerwald, Aaron" <as...@brandesassociates.com.INVALID> on 2024/01/09 16:47:47 UTC

Artemis Console "Add View To Dashboard" no longer available

Hello,

The following used to work when Artemis used an older version of hawtio:

-----
1) Click the Artemis tab.
2) On the navigation bar, click the add icon ( Add Chart to Dashboard Icon ).

The Dashboard tab appears, displaying a list of available dashboards.

3) Select the dashboard (or dashboards) which you want the chart to appear, and then click Add View To Dashboard. The chart is added to the dashboards you selected.
-----

Is there anything similar in the version of hawtio used in the latest version of Artemis?

Thank you,
Aaron

Re: Artemis Console "Add View To Dashboard" no longer available

Posted by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.org>.
> Is there anything similar in the version of hawtio used in the latest
version of Artemis?

It appears that perhaps the dashboard plugin was initially available in
Hawtio 2.x, but it was abandoned in mid 2018 [1].

I can't say for sure why they did this, but my guess is that with the rise
of robust graphing & alerting tools like Prometheus and Grafana the need
for in-browser dashboards declined. Or maybe just nobody wanted to maintain
it anymore. Who knows?

In any event, you can export broker and system metrics [2] for consumption
by external tools (e.g. Prometheus & Grafana) to create your own dashboards.

Justin

[1] https://github.com/hawtio/hawtio-dashboard
[2]
https://activemq.apache.org/components/artemis/documentation/latest/metrics.html#metrics