Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com> on 2007/04/05 01:52:44 UTC

Re: svn commit: r525641 - in /geronimo/server/tags: 1.2.0/ 1.2/

Hey, just curious... did you use the release plugin to make this
stuff, or did you have to roll it by hand?

One problem with hand rolling is that it won't get the <scm> bits
updated as would happen using the release plugin.

I think its fine for now, but I hope we can figure out how to use the
std tools for 2.0 and newer releases.  Should be possible, but I
think we will have to dance around a few problems with Maven to make
it happen.

--jason

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.
On Apr 4, 2007, at 5:05 PM, Dain Sundstrom wrote:
> On Apr 4, 2007, at 4:52 PM, Jason Dillon wrote:
>
>> Hey, just curious... did you use the release plugin to make this
>> stuff, or did you have to roll it by hand?
>
> I had to do it by hand.  Last time I talked to Jason Van Zyl about
> this, he said it won't work with Geronimo due to our use of
> properties for version numbers.

We need to get that fixed... we can't use ${pom.version} because it
causes massive problems with deploying snapshots... but the release
muck can't handle any other property.

I'll see if I can track down and get this crap fixed.

--jason

Re: svn commit: r525641 - in /geronimo/server/tags: 1.2.0/ 1.2/

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com>.
On Apr 4, 2007, at 4:52 PM, Jason Dillon wrote:

> Hey, just curious... did you use the release plugin to make this
> stuff, or did you have to roll it by hand?

I had to do it by hand.  Last time I talked to Jason Van Zyl about
this, he said it won't work with Geronimo due to our use of
properties for version numbers.

> One problem with hand rolling is that it won't get the <scm> bits
> updated as would happen using the release plugin.
>
> I think its fine for now, but I hope we can figure out how to use
> the std tools for 2.0 and newer releases.  Should be possible, but
> I think we will have to dance around a few problems with Maven to
> make it happen.

Me 2.  It is a real PITA to release this stuff by hand.

-dain