Posted to dev@airavata.apache.org by Xuan Wu <xu...@umail.iu.edu> on 2012/03/02 22:47:19 UTC

deploy on Tomcat

Hi,

I'm trying to deploy Airavata on local tomcat, following the instructions
in "How to Deploy Airavata on Tomcat". A few questions:

1. according to "Download and copy a database library (Apache Derby or
MySql) to webapps/axis2/WEB-INF/lib directory." shall I use
db-derby-10.8.2.2-bin/lib/derby.jar?
2. is there new deployment caused by the new airavata-client module?
3. shall I setup jackrabbit separately?

Thanks for the help.

Xuan.

Re: deploy on Tomcat

Posted by Xuan Wu <xu...@umail.iu.edu>.
After the steps,  bin/startup.sh, there are several exceptions:

[INFO] The messagebox-0.3-incubating-SNAPSHOT.jar service, which is not
valid, caused java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/slf4j/LoggerFactory
        at
org.apache.airavata.wsmg.msgbox.MsgBoxServiceLifeCycle.<clinit>(MsgBoxServiceLifeCycle.java:45)

[INFO] The messagebroker-0.3-incubating-SNAPSHOT.jar service, which is not
valid, caused java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/slf4j/LoggerFactory
        at
org.apache.airavata.wsmg.broker.BrokerServiceLifeCycle.<clinit>(BrokerServiceLifeCycle.java:55)

[INFO] The xbaya-gui-0.3-incubating-SNAPSHOT.jar service, which is not
valid, caused java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/jcr/RepositoryException

[ERROR] The messagebox-0.3-incubating-SNAPSHOT.jar service, which is not
valid, caused unable to load configurations:::conf/msgBox.properties
org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentException: unable to load
configurations:::conf/msgBox.properties

I checked webapps/axis2/WEB-INF/conf/ and there's msgBox.properties.

Also, under webapps/axis2/WEB-INF/lib/ there are slf4j-api-1.6.1.jar and
jcr-2.0.jar.

Anyways, I think for now I'll just follow 10-minutes tutorial to start
server instead deploying on tomcat.

Best,

Xuan.