Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/30 16:34:44 UTC

Eclipse plugin update

Hi All,

Just wanted to let you know that I've done a couple of enhancements on the
Eclipse plugin (Jiras OEP-28 and OEP-29) - one is to keep the name attribute
from ejb-jar.xml when generating an @EJB annotation, and the other is fixing
an issue when generating @RemoteHome annotations - we were generating both
@Remote and @RemoteHome, and the resulting code wouldn't deploy.

I've committed this and updated the update site, please let me know if you
have any problems.

Cheers

Jon

Re: Eclipse plugin update

Posted by "Daniel S. Haischt" <da...@googlemail.com>.
The so-called update site is either an online or offline repository
containing both the actual binary artifacts of the product and and
accompanying metadata which is needed to install the product into an
existing Eclipse SDK.

If the plug-in is getting distributed online, an HTTP server is
required to server the directory containing the metadata (site.xml
etc.). An alternative would be to distribute the update site as a ZIP
archive and the user would then be able to download it and us it as an
offline update site by pointing the Eclipse update manager to the
archived update site.

Re: Eclipse plugin update

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com>.
If you're sure, I'm happy to move the directory this afternoon. I'm quite
happy to wait and get a structure we're all happy with though.

Cheers

Jon

Re: Eclipse plugin update

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com>.
I've moved the openejb-eclipse-plugin directory up one level. I've also
committed the work for the Invalid Runtime issue, and got the plugin working
on both 32 and 64 bit linux.

I'm going to run some tests, and try and get some binaries up for review :)

Jon

Re: Eclipse plugin update

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.

Re: Eclipse plugin update

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>.

Re: Eclipse plugin update

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com>.
Just to clarify, what you'd like to see is a structure like this:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openejb
-- openejb3
   -- trunk
   -- branches
   -- tags
-- openejb-eclipse-plugin
   -- trunk
   -- branches
   -- tags

rather than

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openejb
-- trunk
   -- openejb3
   -- openejb-eclipse-plugin
-- branches
   -- openejb3
   -- openejb-eclipse-plugin
-- tags
   -- openejb3
   -- openejb-eclipse-plugin

In an ideal world, I prefer the first of the two, but obviously this will be
a bigger change, and will affect a lot more people.

Re: Eclipse plugin update

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>.

Re: Eclipse plugin update

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com>.
I just replied to Jacek's mail, so I won't do it just yet, so we can discuss
it a little more.

Cheers

Jon

Re: Eclipse plugin update

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.

Re: Eclipse plugin update

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com>.
I've set up a PGP key, and read up a bit on deploying releases. I'm not sure
about how to get setup to publish to  Nexus at the moment, some pointers
would be great if anyone knows.

There's a couple of issues I'd like to resolve before calling a vote for an
alpha release specifically:

- Fix "invalid runtime" error - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OEP-30
- Fix build so it works for both 32 and 64 bit Linux -
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OEP-31

Are there any objections to me copying
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openejb/trunk/sandbox/openejb-eclipse-plugin/up
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openejb/trunk/openejb-eclipse-plugin/ - if
not I can get it done tomorrow (public holiday here in the UK :)). Would
this interfere with the 3.1 branch at all?

Cheers

Jon

Re: Eclipse plugin update

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com>.