Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Gaurav Sehgal <ga...@yahoo.com> on 2013/09/03 12:08:13 UTC

SEDA queue in Camel blocks.

Hi,
    I am using Camel's implementation of SEDA queue inside JBOSS FUSE; though at times the consumer does not get all the messages and when I restart the camel context the messages seem to flow through. This seems like the messages are blocked for some reason and the consumer is not processing them. Also; the load on the queue is not very large; I tested this with payload 80 messages.

  Has anyone expreienced this issue and if so is there any configuration that needs to be done to overcome this?

Cheers!
Gaurav

Re: SEDA queue in Camel blocks.

Posted by Raul Kripalani <ra...@evosent.com>.
Is it possible that one of your beans is blocking for some reason, and all
of your 6 concurrent consumers become occupied waiting at the blocking
point?

When you restart your context, do you see any log statements about inflight
exchanges?

Regards,
Raúl.

Posted by Gaurav Sehgal <ga...@yahoo.com>.

I got the thread dump; and there seem to be a lot of waiting threads; though I am not sure if that is the reason for the queue not processing the messages. Can you please give me some pointers to look for in the thread dump.

Yah best bet is to get a thread dump. I wonder if any of the beans downstream are blocking the threads that the seda consumers use.

Posted by Christian Posta <ch...@gmail.com>.