Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Mi...@novainfo.com on 2004/01/15 19:57:19 UTC

JMeter not saving test!

I have a very large test plan. Yesterday I noticed that it started saving my
file with 0 bytes! It was almost 6.5 megs. It over wrote what I had so its
gone. Then, it started giving me an error where it can't save it at all. It
did the same thing again today. Luckily I was saving under the names
test_plan.jmx, test_plan2.jmx, etc. I lost a couple of hours of work. If
anyone was using just one file, like most people probably would, they could
lose a LOT of work. This is very troubling. It happened again today and I
lost a couple of hours of work again. One big problem is you dont know its
saving them as 0 byte files and you start to cycle back through your old
tests (test_plan2.jmx, test_plan3.jmx, etc) and the next thing you know it's
zeroed out all of them.
WTF is up with this!?! Is it running out of memory? If so, can we have a
notification as such along with a button to garbage collect and save to at
least give people the chance of saving their work and restarting JMeter with
more memory?
thanks,
Mike

Note:  The information contained in this email and in any attachments is
contain confidential and/or privileged material.  Any review,
reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the
intended recipient is prohibited.  The recipient should check this email and
any attachments for the presence of viruses.  Sender accepts no liability
for any damages caused by any virus transmitted by this email. If you have
received this email in error, please notify us immediately by replying to
the message and delete the email from your computer.  This e-mail is and any
response to it will be unencrypted and, therefore, potentially unsecure.
Thank you.  NOVA Information Systems, Inc.

Re: JMeter not saving test!

Posted by Jordi Salvat i Alabart <js...@atg.com>.
Did you get any errors in the jmeter.log? Can you please post them here?

Yes, for such a big test plan, OOM is definitely a possiblity. Touch the
ARGS in bin/jmeter[.bat] to increase the available memory. There's
comments in bin/jmeter explaining which arguments to touch at.

--
Salut,

Jordi.

En/na Michael.Lee@novainfo.com ha escrit: