Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Maya Muchnik <mm...@pumatech.com> on 2001/02/21 17:57:45 UTC

multiple login

Hi,

 In other mail list it was a lot of discussion about a user login /
logon through multiple web pages or different browser. They have
discussed how to prevent the multiple login. My question is this: does
struts provide an easy way (or some way) to handle this situation or
not?

Maya

Re: multiple login

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.
Maya Muchnik wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  In other mail list it was a lot of discussion about a user login /
> logon through multiple web pages or different browser. They have
> discussed how to prevent the multiple login. My question is this: does
> struts provide an easy way (or some way) to handle this situation or
> not?

Struts does not have anything itself that addresses this, but the
techniques discussed elsewhere should work -- they only rely on standard
servlet API features.

> Maya

Craig

Re: multiple login

Posted by Wong Kok Wai <wo...@yahoo.com>.
What I did is to write a login singleton that
maintains a table of login users and their session. If
the same user login again with a new session, the
previous session is invalidated.

It would be nice if Struts can handle this too.