Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Walter <wa...@builditglobal.com> on 2004/08/16 23:01:11 UTC

Portlet Container

Can any recommend a portal container that they use with Tapestry?

Re: Portlet Container

Posted by Warner Onstine <sw...@warneronstine.com>.
I for one would be very interested, although I won't have any time to
devote until mid-Sept.

-warner

Re: Portlet Container

Posted by Walter <wa...@builditglobal.com>.
Hi Adam,

Thank you for the comments.  I hope to have a firm decision about our
development technology focus in the next two weeks and will commit
resources to that direction.  If we decide to stay with Tapestry (as we
are finding not many developers have experience using it presently) we
will commit to "our requirement" to assist with bringing Tapestry (and
perhaps Pluto) JSR-168 compliant.  Our requirement was also for WSRP
compliance and although I know that some believe these standards are
more marketing hype than standards, we have made a business decision to
implement both of them in our browser-based portal project.  I'm
grateful for your mention Pluto because I did not know it existed as we
were introduced to a number of other open source portal projects
originally.  The plan was to select a portal container, portal framework
and wsrp platform after we completed our Phase I release.  Hopefully,
I've been promised it will be in the next two weeks but the work with
Slide has caused problems.

According to our written plan, "We will use the TapestryFramework to
organize a web based user interface.  Further the page layout and
styling part of our application may be changed to the XSLT standard,
while using Tapestry for form handling and organizing pages."  We have
done this and will report if we get this to work with Slide.

Walt.

Re: Portlet Container

Posted by Adam Greene <ag...@iq-2000.com>.