Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Ken nashua <nh...@hotmail.com> on 2007/10/26 17:14:14 UTC

who needs JSON or AJAX ?

Folks,

I am operating the @Script component and the scripting features tapestry offers for components to facilitate surgical portions of javascript specific to particular components that reflect, mirror, and persist properties off of java objects or java components from the client side to server side.

Nice job on this.

So far I like what I see... the body tag and initialization tags respectively work the parsed javascript to the client in an orderly fashion.

QUESTIONS:
1. To what extent is this a replacement for AJAX or JSON ?
2. Is it a small scale replacement or does tapestry script offer it all?

Best regards

Ken in nashua
"... you can't keep a good dog down"