Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Marcel Stoer <ma...@frightanic.com> on 2001/10/22 19:55:46 UTC

TC4 classpath when NT_Service

Hi all

Which classpath does TC4 use when it's started as the (default) NT Service?
The one specified in catalina.bat or the one in the system env? Got a
NoClassDef found Exception when asking for a class that is in my system env
classpath from a servlet.

Marcel

Re: TC4 classpath when NT_Service

Posted by Remy Maucherat <rm...@home.com>.
> > > that would then be $Catalina_Home/bin/bootstrap.jar??? As classpath??
> What
> > > about all the other classes required from the JRE?
> >
> > There are none. The install process copies  tools.jar from the JDK, and
> the
> > other system classes are automatically included.
> >
> > Remy
> >

> Does this mean that when my app needs extra classes they either have to be
> in the app directory itself or in the $Catalina_Home/common/classes?

Yes. Or common/lib, classes, lib.
Of course, you can edit the service parameters and change that, but you're
on your own in that case.

Remy

Re: TC4 classpath when NT_Service

Posted by Marcel Stoer <ma...@frightanic.com>.