Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by Alastair FETTES <af...@mdacorporation.com> on 2007/05/30 19:14:12 UTC

AXIOM as XML Beans alternative

I have a question about using AXIOM in a slightly different way than the
Axis2/C group probably intends.  I'm looking for an alternative to XML
Beans that I can use in the world of C++ but none of the solutions that
I have found have been adequate.  With the release of 1.0.0 it got me
thinking that I could theoretically just use the AXIOM part of the
project.  Leave out all the W/S skeletons and stubs and solely use
generated OM as my XML Beans alternative.

Is this a sane idea?  Comments?  Concerns?

Thanks in advance.
Alastair

This e-mail and any attachments are intended solely for the use of the
intended recipient(s) and may contain legally privileged, proprietary
and/or confidential information.  Any use, disclosure, dissemination,
distribution or copying of this e-mail and any attachments for any
purposes that have not been specifically authorized by the sender is
strictly prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please
immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail and permanently delete all
copies and attachments.

The entire content of this e-mail is for "information purposes" only and
should not be relied upon by the recipient in any way unless otherwise
confirmed in writing by way of letter or facsimile.

RE: AXIOM as XML Beans alternative

Posted by Alastair FETTES <af...@mdacorporation.com>.
Hi Samisa.

I have generated some code successfully but have yet to actually put it to the test.

For you and the other team members interest, the tool does not generate code properly for the AIXM 5.0 Release Candidate Schema (http://www.aixm.aero/public/standard_page/download.html) - it gets an invocation target exception.  I've up'd the memory allocation and maxperm memory but no avail.  I will post a bug report if interested though that schema is quite large and ugly (generated from a rational UML diagram).

Cheers,
Alastair

> I have a question about using AXIOM in a slightly different way than
> the Axis2/C group probably intends.  I'm looking for an alternative to
> XML Beans that I can use in the world of C++ but none of the solutions
> that I have found have been adequate.  With the release of 1.0.0 it
> got me thinking that I could theoretically just use the AXIOM part of
> the project.  Leave out all the W/S skeletons and stubs and solely use
> generated OM as my XML Beans alternative.
>
> Is this a sane idea?  Comments?  Concerns?

That would be a good idea. There is the ADB (Axis Data Biding) framework
that we have implemented in C. You can code generate with ADB support
and use that hopefully.

Please see: http://ws.apache.org/axis2/c/docs/axis2c_manual.html#wsdl2c

Samisa...

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@wso2.com>.

Posted by Boris Kolpackov <bo...@codesynthesis.com>.
Hi Alastair,

"Alastair FETTES" writes:

> I'm looking for an alternative to XML Beans that I can use in the world
> of C++ but none of the solutions that I have found have been adequate.

Have you checked CodeSynthesis XSD[1]. It is an open-source (dual-
licensed under GPL and a proprietary license) XML Data Binding
framework that works with a wide range of platforms and C++ compilers.
There is also an introductory article[2] on Artima's The C++ Source
that is based on it.

[1] http://www.codesynthesis.com/products/xsd/

[2] http://www.artima.com/cppsource/xml_data_binding.html

hth,