Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by mg <mr...@post.pl> on 2005/06/22 20:46:09 UTC

Informal parameters

Hello

Two questions:

Is it possible to check if component inherit informal parameters from
container?

I want to check if component has some informal parameter binded. If yes, I
want to change value of this parameter, if not - set this binding to some
default value. What is the best place to do so? I see 2 problems here:
- informal parameters names are AFAIK case sensitive - "onclick"  and
"onClick" will produce two different bindings, but I want to treat them
both in the same way
- if some contained components inherit informal bindings, these components
should get values after change

--
cheers, mg

Re: Informal parameters

Posted by mg <mr...@post.pl>.
Dnia Wed, 22 Jun 2005 20:46:09 +0200, mg <mr...@post.pl> napisaƂ:

> Hello
>
> Two questions:
>
> Is it possible to check if component inherit informal parameters from
> container?
>
> I want to check if component has some informal parameter binded. If yes,
> I want to change value of this parameter, if not - set this binding to
> some default value. What is the best place to do so? I see 2 problems
> here:
> - informal parameters names are AFAIK case sensitive - "onclick"  and
> "onClick" will produce two different bindings, but I want to treat them
> both in the same way
> - if some contained components inherit informal bindings, these
> components should get values after change

After next session of digging in Tapestry sources I found answer to my
first question:

boolean inherit =
getSpecification().getComponent("id").getInheritInformalParameters();

Second question is still relevant... (or I just need more coffee ;-))

--
cheers, mg