Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Stefan Kögl <ko...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/27 00:04:21 UTC

Testing Upgrade to 1.6.x

Hi,

As I see that 1.6.x is coming along, I've tested upgrading an 1.5 db to the
current 1.6.x branch (26cff2d51473cbc8c0dfc655b2dbb986493bbcb8).

I've stopped couch, compiled 1.6.x with R15B03 and installed the result on
an Ubuntu 12.04.4 LTS.

The instance always failed with the logging output shown in

https://gist.github.com/stefankoegl/11332148

Is this a bug in the 1.6.x branch, or is my upgrade process somehow broken?

-- Stefan

Re: Testing Upgrade to 1.6.x

Posted by Alexander Shorin <kx...@gmail.com>.
Hi Stefan,

Looks like the one we saw on Windows (but for 1.5).

Nick, could you remind what was there and how did you fix this issue?
--
,,,^..^,,,

Re: Testing Upgrade to 1.6.x

Posted by Klaus Trainer <kl...@posteo.de>.
On 04/27/2014 09:51 PM, Joan Touzet wrote:
> That may not be enough.
>
> Please try checking out a clean copy from 1.6.x and build from there.
>
> Alternately, git reset --hard followed by git clean -f -d -x on your
> tree should absolutely remove any local changes.

True.  I once had tests randomly failing, although the git index was
clean and I had ran `make clean && ./bootstrap && ./configure` and
everything.  I couldn't find the actual cause behind that issue, so I
eventually started with a new clone, and all tests were passing again.

Re: Testing Upgrade to 1.6.x

Posted by Joan Touzet <wo...@apache.org>.
That may not be enough.

Please try checking out a clean copy from 1.6.x and build from there.

Alternately, git reset --hard followed by git clean -f -d -x on your
tree should absolutely remove any local changes.

-Joan

Re: Testing Upgrade to 1.6.x

Posted by Stefan Kögl <ko...@gmail.com>.

Re: Testing Upgrade to 1.6.x

Posted by Nick North <no...@gmail.com>.
​1.6.0 RC3 was fine​ - I haven't tried since then though.

Nick

Re: Testing Upgrade to 1.6.x

Posted by Robert Samuel Newson <rn...@apache.org>.

Re: Testing Upgrade to 1.6.x