Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Martin Makundi <ma...@koodaripalvelut.com> on 2008/08/10 07:35:01 UTC

I do not see my wicket:container rendered?

Hi!

I want to use my wicketContainer (wicket:container tag) for a
placeholder for a ajax replace.

I have the following settings:

    // ...
    getMarkupSettings().setStripWicketTags(true);
    // ...
    wicketContainer.setOutputMarkupPlaceholderTag(true).setRenderBodyOnly(false);

Nevertheless, the wicketContainer appears to be stripped from the
rendered page and the ajax-refresh does not work (no tag, no markup
id).

Is this a "bug" or is it supposed to work this way? I assumed that
"stripWicketTags" would strip the 'useless' wickt tags but allow to
override and show the necessary tags.

**
Martin

Re: I do not see my wicket:container rendered?

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
Browsers don't know the wicket namespace, that is why we use it for
our own stuff. That is also why we strip them in production mode to
ensure that w3c validators won't bork on the markup.

You could use multiple <tbody></tbody> tags to achieve what you want.

Martijn

On Sun, Aug 10, 2008 at 7:49 AM, Martin Makundi
<ma...@koodaripalvelut.com> wrote:
>> it is there for situations where you do not want to render any tag
>> into the output because it may cause invalid markup, etc.
>
> I understood from the specs that it is always allowed (according to
> the namespace) and in the above example it could be used to
> ajax-refresh those two table rows.
>
> **
> Martin
>

>> On Sat, Aug 9, 2008 at 10:35 PM, Martin Makundi
>> <ma...@koodaripalvelut.com> wrote:
>>> Hi!
>>>
>>> I want to use my wicketContainer (wicket:container tag) for a
>>> placeholder for a ajax replace.
>>>
>>> I have the following settings:
>>>
>>>    // ...
>>>    getMarkupSettings().setStripWicketTags(true);
>>>    // ...
>>>    wicketContainer.setOutputMarkupPlaceholderTag(true).setRenderBodyOnly(false);
>>>
>>> Nevertheless, the wicketContainer appears to be stripped from the
>>> rendered page and the ajax-refresh does not work (no tag, no markup
>>> id).
>>>
>>> Is this a "bug" or is it supposed to work this way? I assumed that
>>> "stripWicketTags" would strip the 'useless' wickt tags but allow to
>>> override and show the necessary tags.
>>>
>>> **
>>> Martin

Apache Wicket 1.3.4 is released

Re: I do not see my wicket:container rendered?

Posted by Martin Makundi <ma...@koodaripalvelut.com>.

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
wicket:container tag is never rendered into the output, that is kind
of the entire point of wicket:container :)

eg:

<wicket:container>
</wicket:container>

it is there for situations where you do not want to render any tag
into the output because it may cause invalid markup, etc.

-igor