Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by David Treves <dw...@macam.ac.il> on 2001/10/30 11:06:13 UTC

Really weird Error...

Hi,

I am working with Tomcat 3.2.3 on win2000. Actually this is the pack you can
download from JBoss. e.g. Tomcat integrated with JBoss.

Now, when I compile and run a servlet everything runs great, but if I decide
to update the servlet and recompile it WITHOUT restarting the server, once I
invoke a request to that servlet I get the following error. Note that
restarting the server fixes everything.

Error: 500
Location: /webTrails/admin
Internal Servlet Error:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Can't happen - classname is null, who added
this ?
 at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.loadServlet(ServletWrapper.java:261)
 at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.init(ServletWrapper.java:289)
 at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:372)
 at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.handleStatus(ContextManager.java:1081)
 at
0)
 at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:758)
 at
onnectionHandler.java:213)
 at
 at
org.apache.tomcat.util.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:501)
 at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:539)

Any clue what is that strange error???

TIA, David.

Re: Really weird Error...

Posted by Denis Balazuc <de...@trader.com>.
Hi all
I have seen it myself a couple of times.

This definitely happens when you recompile some of the content of your
WEB-INF/classes and start a new session by opening a new browser window.
This is due to class reloading and I can see the error happening when the
new classloader for the context you're dealing with is starting his job.

This seldomly happen though, and not all the time.

Hope this helps.

Re: Really weird Error...

Posted by Elm Gysel <el...@dateq.be>.
I think I've seen this before.