Posted to user@cayenne.apache.org by Joe Baldwin <jf...@earthlink.net> on 2019/07/01 16:29:18 UTC

Re: Deprecate SelectQuery in 4.2

Arseni,

Disclaimer:
I *just* (this week) upgraded from 4.0.M2 to 4.0.1.  I migrated to using the newer syntax - ex:

	table1.property1.asc()

> SelectQuery is planned to be deprecated in 4.2.

My project makes extensive use of “.andExp” to perform conditional-expression-building.  So the only question I have is concerning discrete expression component building (ie. combining expression-components via “.andExp").  Would this be available or would it be deprecated as well?

BTW, I do like the newer syntax, as it it much easier to read and is less verbose.  Excellent work!

Thanks
Joe

Posted by John Huss <jo...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Jul 1, 2019 at 11:29 AM Joe Baldwin <jf...@earthlink.net> wrote:

> Arseni,
>
> Disclaimer:
> I *just* (this week) upgraded from 4.0.M2 to 4.0.1.  I migrated to using
> the newer syntax - ex:
>
>         table1.property1.asc()
>
> > SelectQuery is planned to be deprecated in 4.2.
>
> My project makes extensive use of “.andExp” to perform
> conditional-expression-building.  So the only question I have is concerning
> discrete expression component building (ie. combining expression-components
> via “.andExp").  Would this be available or would it be deprecated as well?

ObjectSelect has a .and(Expression...) method that you can use. Or you can
use Expression.andExp(Expression...)