Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Veniamin Fichin <3c...@mail.ru> on 2004/05/18 14:55:53 UTC

XML:DB API documentation

Hi everybody.

    For some reason I can't get to xmldb.org site -- my proxy says that
there is a DNS error. Anyway, the question is where can I get API
documentation for XML:DB classes besides xmldb.org?
    And another question. I have a subcollection /db/videos/movies with
a couple of hundreds movie XML files. Is there a way to fetch a list of
them? "xindice xpath -c /db/videos/movies -q 'count(/Movie)'" gives me a
bunch of "1.0" values instead of one overall quality, which is
explainable because they're separate files. But how about a list size?

Re: XML:DB API documentation

Posted by Thomas Gagné <tg...@wideopenwest.com>.
Veniamin Fichin wrote:

> Hi everybody.
>
>    For some reason I can't get to xmldb.org site -- my proxy says that
> there is a DNS error. Anyway, the question is where can I get API
> documentation for XML:DB classes besides xmldb.org?
>    And another question. I have a subcollection /db/videos/movies with
> a couple of hundreds movie XML files. Is there a way to fetch a list
> of them? "xindice xpath -c /db/videos/movies -q 'count(/Movie)'" gives
> me a bunch of "1.0" values instead of one overall quality, which is
> explainable because they're separate files. But how about a list size?

I'm having the same problem.  I don't know how long this has been an
issue.  "whois" doesn't have it expiring until next year.  Perhaps
they're moving?

--
.tom
remove email address' dashes for replies

Re: XML:DB API documentation

Posted by Thomas Gagné <tg...@wideopenwest.com>.
Jelle Alten wrote:

>I downloaded dbxml the other day, I can put a copy of the docs on my website
>if that helps... Let me know.

Maybe you should.  No one knows why www.xmldb.org disappeared or when
(or if) it will be returning.

Re: XML:DB API documentation

Posted by Jelle Alten <je...@hotmail.com>.
I put some zips there which include the docs, and even put the html docs
themselves there. So suit yourself, but don't kill the site with wget'em...

:-)

Here it is: www.alt-n.nl/dbXML

Have fun.

Posted by Thomas Gagné <tg...@wideopenwest.com>.
I can't say mine is an urgent need.  I wanted to read about the APIs in
more detail so I coud ponder how they might be implemented in
Smalltalk.  I'd like it to work with Xindice.

Re: XML:DB API documentation

Posted by Veniamin Fichin <3c...@mail.ru>.

Re: XML:DB API documentation

Posted by Jelle Alten <je...@hotmail.com>.