Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by imadhusudhanan <im...@zohocorp.com> on 2009/01/08 10:46:19 UTC

Exception at Runtime ..

Dear All,

    I used the jackrabbit-webdav.1.4.jar and its dependcies to start my WebDAVServlet. The thing is I m able to successfully start my web application with the jdk1.6 but when I start the same setup in with jdk1.5 or less the get the following trace. All this happens with the addition of the jackrabbit jar. The stack trace as follows,  i hope there is conflict between the jackrabbit jarset and the JVM start up. But I need possible solution for this. Pls help.

    STACK TRACE|javax.xml.parsers.FactoryConfigurationError: Provider org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl not found
        at javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory.newInstance(DocumentBuilderFactory.java:104)
        at org.apache.commons.modeler.util.DomUtil.readXml(DomUtil.java:284)
        at org.apache.commons.modeler.modules.MbeansDescriptorsDOMSource.execute(MbeansDescriptorsDOMSource.java:130)
        at org.apache.commons.modeler.modules.MbeansDescriptorsDOMSource.loadDescriptors(MbeansDescriptorsDOMSource.java:120)
        at org.apache.commons.modeler.Registry.load(Registry.java:819)
        at org.apache.commons.modeler.Registry.loadDescriptors(Registry.java:931)
        at org.apache.commons.modeler.Registry.loadDescriptors(Registry.java:909)
        at org.apache.commons.modeler.Registry.findDescriptor(Registry.java:992)
        at org.apache.commons.modeler.Registry.findManagedBean(Registry.java:696)
        at org.apache.commons.modeler.Registry.findManagedBean(Registry.java:1047)
        at org.apache.commons.modeler.Registry.registerComponent(Registry.java:859)
        at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappLoader.init(WebappLoader.java:612)
        at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappLoader.start(WebappLoader.java:644)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4231)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1083)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:789)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1083)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:478)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:480)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:2313)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:556)

Regards,
MadhuSudhanan I.
www.zoho.com
'If you wanna walk quick Walk Alone, if you wanna walk far Walk Together ..."

Re: Exception at Runtime ..

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 10:46 AM, imadhusudhanan
<im...@zohocorp.com> wrote:
> I used the jackrabbit-webdav.1.4.jar and its dependcies to start my WebDAVServlet.
> The thing is I m able to successfully start my web application with the jdk1.6 but when
> I start the same setup in with jdk1.5 or less the get the following trace. All this happens
> with the addition of the jackrabbit jar. The stack trace as follows,  i hope there is
> conflict between the jackrabbit jarset and the JVM start up. But I need possible
> solution for this.

What's the full list of jars you're using?

Are you putting the jars in the shared lib directory of Tomcat or in
your own webapp? I would suggest that you only put them inside a
webapp.

BR,

Jukka Zitting