Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Bruno Unna <br...@iac.com.mx> on 2001/04/26 22:38:53 UTC

Question on DB schema

Hello. I hope I'm not off topic here.

Currently I can make relatively simple object models using the
database.xml DTD. But I suspect more complex models can be created using
the "inheritance" attribute of the <column> tag, as well as the
<inheritance> tag by itself.

However, I haven't been able neither to find out some documentation
about how torque interprets these DTD elements, nor to figure it out by
myself.

Could somebody point me to the right direction on this issue? I thank
you in advance.

--
"Create like a god,                Bruno Unna <br...@iac.com.mx>
  command like a king,                   Internet de Alta Calidad

Re: Question on DB schema

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.
Bruno Unna <br...@iac.com.mx> writes:

> Hello. I hope I'm not off topic here.

Not at all.

> Currently I can make relatively simple object models using the
> database.xml DTD. But I suspect more complex models can be created
> using the "inheritance" attribute of the <column> tag, as well as the
> <inheritance> tag by itself.

You can look at the Torque schema in Helm <http://helm.tigris.org/>
for a working example of Torque of the inheritance directive.  You can
browse via CVSweb by using the nav bar on the left, then hitting the
browse online link.

Daniel