Posted to dev@bigtop.apache.org by Olaf Flebbe <of...@oflebbe.de> on 2017/01/08 21:42:52 UTC

CI Jobs

Hi,

I finally had an idea how to merge the amd64 and ppc64le jobs into one.
The "trick" is the usage of labels having the name of the docker images
supported at the various slaves and a combination-filter, if necessary.

I would be happy to integrate an aarch64 build, when docker is ready there.

If you used matrix jobs before to run on all OS please have a look
at Bigtop-trunk-packages and Docker-toolchain-pull for some
configuration hints. It's so easy now....

I did a major cleanup and update on the CI.
https://ci.bigtop.apache.org/job/Bigtop-trunk-packages/ is slowly
changing back its color to blue again.

Greetings,
Olaf

Re: CI Jobs

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.
Done. I've fixed Docker, ntp and a few other things and added a column
to our matrix
(many thanks to Olaf for discovering this neat trick with labels!).

Thanks,
Roman.

Re: CI Jobs

Posted by Olaf Flebbe <of...@oflebbe.de>.
Hi,

Re: CI Jobs

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.
On Sun, Jan 8, 2017 at 1:42 PM, Olaf Flebbe <of...@oflebbe.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I finally had an idea how to merge the amd64 and ppc64le jobs into one.
> The "trick" is the usage of labels having the name of the docker images
> supported at the various slaves and a combination-filter, if necessary.
>
> I would be happy to integrate an aarch64 build, when docker is ready there.

Working on that today.

> If you used matrix jobs before to run on all OS please have a look
> at Bigtop-trunk-packages and Docker-toolchain-pull for some configuration
> hints. It's so easy now....
>
> I did a major cleanup and update on the CI.
> https://ci.bigtop.apache.org/job/Bigtop-trunk-packages/ is slowly changing
> back its color to blue again.

Awesome!

Thanks,