Posted to dev@juddi.apache.org by "Viens, Steve" <St...@FMR.COM> on 2004/04/05 19:41:14 UTC

This weekends check-in's

You may have noticed that I made a significant amount of changes to the
source over the weekend.  I've done some work towards making jUDDI a bit
less singleton centric. Not a lot mind you but it's a beginning. I'll
post details to the java-dev list later this week .. The changes
shouldn't have any affect on any of the public interfaces. I will
mention that you can now create an instance of the RegistryEngine as
easily as this:

   // create registry using juddi.properties
   IRegistry reg = new RegistryEngine();

   // create registry using a Properties instance
   Properties props = new Properties();
   props.put("juddi.auth","org.apache.juddi.auth.DefaultAuthenticator");
   props.put(.etc.);
   IRegistry reg = new RegistryEngine(props);

For a working example look at the main method of the RegistryEngine
class.

This will allow the jUDDI webapp to accept it's configuration properties
from <config-init> parameters in the web.xml file (that's a to-do)
instead of having to have juddi.properties in the classpath.

Steve