Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Robert Newey <ro...@yahoo.com> on 2008/05/29 18:01:30 UTC

Newbie MyFaces/Tiles question

I just inherited a MyFaces project, and while I'm new to MyFaces, I like a lot of what I see. But after digging into this application, I see that the JSPs are full of include tags that I'd really like to replace with a Tiles-based approach. But if I'm reading various web pages right, it seems like MyFaces support for Tiles is limited. For instance:

* There is a Tomahawk Tiles example project, but it seems to only support JSF 1.1.
* The Tiles 2.x web pages don't list MyFaces support.
* On JSFCentral I read an article posted last summer that Shales would have Tiles support, and that there might be a GA release of Shales at 1.0.5, but it is still at 1.0.4.

Is that correct? To sum this up, what I'm really looking for is a recommendation on what technology I should use to get Tiles-like (templating) support, given that the application is based on MyFaces.

Thanks,
Bob

Re: Newbie MyFaces/Tiles question

Posted by Zigc Junk <zi...@gmail.com>.