Posted to general@xml.apache.org by "K.Sridhar Babu" <sb...@noida.hclt.com> on 2000/06/01 07:13:56 UTC

XML-WML

Hi Friends,

        I am relatively new to this field XML, I want some information.
As far as I know XML describes the content not the presentation is it correct?
And XSL is used for rendering the content for different users(browsers).
By storing our content in XML format, there is no need to store the same content
in diffrent formats for diffrent browsers.  So with this we can render xml for
different browsers(ie5, wap micro browsers...).

        My question is , if we can generate HTML, WML .... different
presentation formats for different types of users  using XML and XSL, why there
is so much hype around wap enabling content? What are the difficulties in
implemneting this method instaed of writting again complete wml content?

    Thanks in advance for any help.

            Sridhar Babu